Christmas in Paris

Search

Christmas in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Christmas in Paris

I am taking my husband and my 17 and 20 year old kids to Paris for Christmas (my son is studying there). We have rented an apartment for the week. I need suggestions on events and resources for event tickets. I know about the trees and walking the Champs Elysee and the markets, but need more info on other things not to miss, and especially things we might do on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day to be "festive". thanks!
Old Oct 7th, 2005, 08:57 AM

There are always concerts during that time. When I was there, we went to the Virgin Megastore and got tickets for a Russian choir concert on Christmas Day that was absolutely lovely. Spent most of the day walking in the Luxembourg Gardens watching the kids playing with their new scooters.
Old Oct 7th, 2005, 09:07 AM
jay

I would reccommend the Christmas Eve. mass at Notre Dame. EWe went to the early childrens mass at 7:00 pm. The later masses get a little too crowded. Even if you are not religious it is a really neat experience.
Old Oct 7th, 2005, 09:17 AM

Obsbrynn,
I am going to be in Paris a little before Christmas (12/14 to 12/18) and would love help in what not-to-miss in terms of markets, special events, holiday decorations, etc. Can you provide guidance?
Old Oct 7th, 2005, 09:34 AM

For both these queries, I suggest you look at a couple basic resources -- the Paris Tourist Information web site (which has events, markets, etc) www.parisinfo.com

and a ticket agency, such as www.fnac.com or www.ticketnet.fr
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone who responded! I had just returned from Paris when I posted, and was so overwhelmed with work that I never got around to checking for responses.
Old Mar 10th, 2008, 03:38 PM

Paris at Christmas time. It is truly the city of lights. Go to Printemps and see the light desplay and the Christimas windows. It is great. Visit our web site to see the pictures of the city, emilyandjim.info