Christmas Eve/Night Dinner In Bruges

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We arrive in Bruges on Dec 24 and are hoping to have dinner out on Christmas Eve and Christmas night. Checked a few holiday menus at resto.be and none of the restuarants on their holiday link (so far) have a fixed menu I can eat (vegetarian). On New Year's Eve a few years ago, I had a fabulous dinner at Den Dyver -- but they are closed on Christmas.

I'm waiting to hear back from Erasmus and Tom's Diner regarding opening hours and the possibility of vegetarian dining. In the meantime, does anyone else have suggestions for restaurants that will be open for Christmas holidays?
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Original Poster

Heard back from Erasmus:

They are closed Christmas Eve, but they are open at noon Christmas day and again in the evening.

They did not respond to my inquiry regarding whether or not they could fix a vegetarian menu on Christmas, but I will follow up with them. (They will do it at other meals).

Anyone else have any recommendations for Christmas Eve/Night?
Old Nov 13th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Original Poster

(I'll just continue to have a conversation with myself...)

Tom's Diner is open for Christmas dinner, and they have "several" vegetarian options. Looks like I have my holiday meal squared away. Perhaps this info will help someone else looking for a Christmas meal!
Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 06:29 AM

Hi beanweb24,
How long and where do you stay in Brugge?
Old Nov 27th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Original Poster

Sorry it has taken me a few days to respond -- we just returned last night from a week in Venice!

We stay for a week in Bruges. Most people only recommend Bruges for a few nights, but we love renting a flat and relaxing there for the whole week. It's also very easy to take day trips to Brussels, Ghent, and Antwerp from Brugge.

We love renting the top floor of a rental called Ridderspoor. The owners also operate a bed and breakfast a short walk away. The top floor is a cozy loft space with exposed beams and a beautiful view of the Belfry. During our New Year's trip, the beams were wrapped with evergreen and Christmas lights, and it was beautiful. Very simple space - but wonderful. And at 60 Euros a night, it can hardly be beat! The location is also excellent -- about a 3 minute walk from the Markt.
Old Nov 27th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Original Poster

Whoops...meant to give you the link:

http://users.skynet.be/sky82493/english/vindex.htm