Reload this Page >

Chianti Wine Tour From Siena??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Sue

We won't have a car. Is there a wine tour of the Chianti area available from Siena?<BR>And, how important is it to have a car?<BR>It's our first visit...thanks for anything you can tell us.

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 11:46 AM
Helen Donegan

Sue <BR>Dario Castagno runs his own tours, he is from the Chianti area and comes very highly recommended by people who have been in touch with me.<BR>E-MAIL [email protected]<BR>TEL 0337 706 958<BR>FAX 0577 322 534<BR>WWW.RASNA.COM<BR>

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 03:19 PM
Wino

We found a great tour through La Dolce Vita Tours (www.dolcetours.com) and are trying them out this spring. An English speaking driver is picking us up at our hotel (two of us) and the tour includes a visit to three vineyards and lunch. They are picking us up in San Gimignano, but I think they will arrange a pick up anywhere in that vicinity. Didn't sound to fun for one of us to have to be the designated driver with all those great Italian wines to sample!!<BR><BR>PS - tried website and they're having server problems. will probably be fixed Monday.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 09:19 AM

topping time

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 10:10 AM
tp

tp

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 12:39 AM
tops

Old Jul 16th, 2010, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can use Tourscany.They are very knowledgeable about the Chianti region.You can visit several wineries stop for lunch in a restaurant they recommend and visit beautiful hill top towns along the road.their website is
www.tourscany.it
[email protected]
Old Jan 15th, 2011, 12:02 PM

save and print
Old Jan 15th, 2011, 03:52 PM

The enthusiastic traveler does a good job. http://www.theenthusiastictraveler.com Dario is fine but he is extremely expensive.

You can also hire a car or rent a car and arrange tours on your own. Some of the good tours in Tuscany are Castello Verazzano, Castello Monasanto, Castello Fonterutoli. I think on a day trip drinking wine I would hire a car, go to a winery in the mornining find a great lunch and tour another in the afternoon.

We think a perfect day would be a tour of Monsanto or Verazzano in the morning , and then a long leasurly lunch at la Scuderia by Badia di passignano.

OR from Siena drive up the road to Castallina, stop at Fontirutoli, then Radda, Panzano, Greve, cut back over to the s2 and head back to Siena. There are many many wineries along the way and this is one of the most beautiful drives around. If you love good food then Risto di Lamole is close and quite amazing.
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 05:05 PM

We have used a tour guide 3 times in Tuscany and are booked for a fourth this summer. At least 30 of my friends and their friends have used him as well. His name is luca and you will find many references to him in the forum. You can reach him at [email protected]
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 05:05 PM

We have used a tour guide 3 times in Tuscany and are booked for a fourth this summer. At least 30 of my friends and their friends have used him as well. His name is luca and you will find many references to him in the forum. You can reach him at [email protected]
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 05:34 PM

Hmmm ! The OP was asking in 2002--he may have gone.
Old Apr 21st, 2011, 01:21 PM

Probably true, Bob. However, it's never too late to respond. I would be asking the same question now - for a trip in May'11. I have a driver and would like to stop at 2 or more wineries in the Chianti/San Gimignano region with a stop in Siena. Any suggestions and recommendations are most welcome!