Cheapoair.com

Nov 9th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Original Poster

Cheapoair.com

In trying to find a reasonable fare to Paris in mid March I have come across this consolidator, which has very good fares. I can't seem to find out much about them except one thread where one person was satisfied and others hated the name. The name doesn't scare me as much as a full fare ticket...
Has anyone here used them?
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:27 PM

I used them to book a flight on Icelandair from Boston to Amsterdam. I then upgraded from economy to business with Icelandair with no problem.
Nov 9th, 2006, 01:11 PM

Have you crosschecked that great fare with other sites such as onetravel.com?

Have you looked at the current Lufthansa sale?
Nov 9th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Original Poster

It's good to know that someone has used them with good results.

Yes, I have checked almost every airline as well as kayak and farechaser and orbits and..... this is the best fare that I have found.
Nov 9th, 2006, 06:24 PM

Hi S,

I just checked your consolidator for fares from LAX to DUB in April, and there lowest fares on a few specified dates were over $200 more than the nonstop fare from Aer Lingus on a direct basis. It pays to "shop around".
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:22 PM

I prefer to always book directly with the airline unless the savings is significant. If a flight is cancelled, or delayed and you miss a connection, you're just better off if you booked directly.

Are you sure you're looking at a final fare including all taxes and fees? Most sights where fares are not all inclusive show an additional $1-200 in taxes/fees. When I tested Cheapoair, the additional was $306! I also noted that they have many quick connections, which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending upon the airport...

If the savings prompts you to book with Cheapoair, just be sure to pay with a credit card. You should receive an airline confirmation number. A day or two later, your reservations should show up on the airline's website, so you can check to ensure that everything is in order.

No matter how you book, be sure to double check your itinerary between now and then, and a day or two before departure. Airline schedules change all the time, and you may not receive notification.
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:24 PM

PS I recently booked direct flights Boston-Paris with www.1800flyeurope.com on non-stop flights at convenient times for $20 more than Cheapoair's best fares with crappy times and a connection each way.
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Original Poster

I'm surprised that so many checked other flights and the price was more. I too checked a few different flights and the price was always good.

I went ahead now and booked the flight with my cc as suggested and will call the airlines in a few days . I got the airline I wanted with a reasonable layover at about 150 less than the other sites, needless to say I am happy. I think that I could have waited until mid Jan for a sale, but having already rented apartments I went ahead and got what I feel is a good deal, not the good deals of a few years ago, but a good price for 2007.

Thanks everyone
Aug 16th, 2007, 01:28 PM

I'm really suprised by all the negative feedback. I've used Cheapo Air over fifty times in the past five years and never had a SINGLE problem. I always got the flights I needed, always got a good deal, and always had a good experience.

I'm sure people have bad experiences, but I also realize that it's only the people that have bad experiences that go to forums to complain-- except me

I don't work for Cheapo Air and it hasn't changed my life or anything, but I've never had any problem. Hope this helps.