cheap safe hotel in florence

Nov 16th, 2005, 05:17 AM
Original Poster

cheap safe hotel in florence

I am a single art loving female traveller spending a couple of day in florence next march - any suggestions for nice hotel or B&B??
Nov 16th, 2005, 06:21 AM
ira

Hi g,

I can highly recommend the B&B Peterson. We stayed there for 11 nights in Sept 2003.

It is a less than 10 min walk from the train station on a wide, well lit street in a safe residential neighborhood.

There is a bus stop in front of the door, a cafe about 10 steps away and an ATM around the corner.

www.bedinflorence.it

Nov 16th, 2005, 06:22 AM

Hi,
A lot depends on what your definition of "cheap" is. I can recommend Il Porcellino Guest House.

Here's a link:

http://www.hotelporcellino.com/

Buon Viaggio,
BC
Nov 16th, 2005, 10:24 AM

We stayed at a Rick Steves recommendation: Casa Rabatti. It was great. The owner, Marcella, treats you like an old family friend. And you feel like you're staying in an Italian family's house (you are). It was also a great deal at about 50 euros.

The location is good, near the Mercato Centrale, walking distance from the train station and the Academia (I guess everything in the city center is walking distance in Firenze).
Nov 16th, 2005, 02:25 PM

Take Iras advice I stayed there in September. Close to bus\train station
super clean. A little noisy - busy street but nothing that keeps you from sleeping. Price is right.
Nov 16th, 2005, 02:37 PM

I can highly recommend Soggiorno Pezzati, 22 via san zanobi. they have a web site. 56e for a double this past Feb. my daughter and I stayed there 8 days and loved it. frig and tea kettle with tea bags and coffee packets provided in each room. very cozy and she has singles. quiet building, felt very safe...lynda