Search

Cheap Hotels/Pensiones in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheap Hotels/Pensiones in Rome

Hey all,

Are there any cheap hotels or Pensiones that anyone can reccomend in Rome? I've been many times and know some of the hotels, but these I've paid $200 or more for per night. Not looking to pay that much this time around.

Please let me know if anyone knows of any. Doesnt have to be fancy. Just clean and in a relatively safe area.

Thanks

Old Jul 11th, 2007, 07:41 AM

So how much are you wanting to pay this time?
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 08:03 AM

Ummmmm, I'm guessing under $200, sandi. Do you have any recommendations or are you just being snarky?

My cousin liked staying in the Hotel San Pietrino in the residential area near the Vatican. It is just a few blocks from the Metro station so you can zip down to the Spanish Steps or the Coliseum for one Euro (less if you buy a day or week pass). He preferred the Vatican neighborhood to the area around the train station where most of the cheaper hotels can be found.
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 08:14 AM

You have two threads going:
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=35030934
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 08:39 AM

Not being snarky at all. It just helps to know how cheap you are wanting to go since we can't read your mind. Just trying to help you with searches that are available to you as well.
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 08:48 AM

We've enjoyed the Hotel Alimandi also in the Vatican area (very close to the entrance to the Vatican Museum.) They have two hotels - a 3 and 4 start and I think the 3 star would be within your budget.
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 09:11 AM

We had a good stay at the Hotel Florida ** at Via Cola di Rienzo, a major shopping avenue near the Vatican and a safe area. It is one of those hotels that occupy a few floors of a larger building (has elevator). Our room although not large was very clean, comfortable and bright. We had a shared bath, but since all the other rooms on our floor were en suite, it was like a private bath -large, modern, spotless and only a few steps from the door. Breakfast is not served but there are plenty of places nearby. The prices are well within what appears to be your budget. Desk staff were fine and freely gave touring advice. Our room looked exactly like the one pictured on www.eurocheapo.com
All in all, we found it to be an excellent value for Rome.
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Original Poster

I am checking out the suggestions that you have all posted. Thank you, I really appreciate the help.

I actually have stayed at Hotel Julia before when I traveled with someone else. I totally forgot about this place. I think I may try to see if they have room availability, but I'm still keeping my options open.

As for price range, Im looking to stay under $100 a night. I know that is hard to come by in Rome, especially in the summer months, but it's doable and these suggestions have helped. Again, thank you.
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 02:54 PM

You could always try this apartment. Sleeps 3 and works out at €19EURS per person.

http://www.romanreference.com/apartment.php?refid=300