Hotel near Vatican

Search

Hotel near Vatican

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 08:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel near Vatican

My husband & I will be in Rome sometime in October; departing from the cruise terminal and spending 2 days before flying out of Fiumicino at 7am. Any suggestions for a (clean) hotel/BnB around the Vatican or in between the airport and Vatican for around $100-150 p/n? Haven't done much research yet, but did see www.hotelpanda.it I don't know that area well enough yet to judge this place. Any other suggestions or info would be great.
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 11:59 PM

Hello travelinow, actually the Hotel Panda is by the Spanish Steps not the Vatican. And I can't imagine that Rome has two hotels with the same name. Am sure you will get some good information here from those that have stayed near the Vatican.
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 12:22 AM

Hi Travelinow - I just want to make sure that you realize that the cruise terminal is quite far from Rome and Vatican City - in Civitavecchia, about an hour from Rome. And that Fiumicino is also quite far from Rome. My point is that I don't think you'd want a hotel or B&B "between the airport and Vatican." That could include areas quite far from either place.

You might try tripadvisor.com or venere.com to identify potential hotels. I'm pretty sure that both websites allow you to specify the area of Rome that you're interested in, and will rank hotels according to price.

Hope this helps.

KC
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 02:57 PM

Look at B&B Best Vatican on the Venere site. It has very nice rooms for 100-120 Euro.
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 02:59 PM

The Spring House Hotel gets consistently good reviews.
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 05:28 PM

Try the Hotel Alimandi (www.alimandi.it.) -- right by the entrance to the Vatican museum. They have a 3 star hotel and recently opened a 4 star hotel one block away. I have stayed at the 3 star (will be trying the 4 star this summer) and was very happy with it. The rooms are basic but very clean and the breakfast is excellent.
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 06:17 PM

Hi

The B&B Susy looks nice - http://www.bbsusy.it. The Hotel Panda is better located for sightseeing.

Ciao
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 06:21 PM

Hi. I just booked a trip to Italy and used venere.com. What I liked about this site are the comments that guests leave. I almost made reservations at some hotels till I read about the bedbugs, bad area of town, rude service etc. I did find something that I hope will be good. Check it out!