Notices

Chania Hotels near harbour

Old Feb 28th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chania Hotels near harbour

Hello,
We will ve visiting Crete June 5th-10th. We would like to stay in Chania in the harbour area but are not looking for total luxury, as in Casa Delfino. Can anyone recomment a hotel that is clean and nice and that has a great location?
Old Feb 28th, 2006, 11:50 PM

Nothing right on the Harbour is THAT great.

We've stayed in really nice apartments right on the Harbour, and I'd probably do it again, but the row on tavernas all along the waterfront means that it's noisy at night, so being one row back is probably no bad thing. The place was Erietta Apartments if you want to have a look.

A friend of mine has stayed in Nostos, which is right at the heart of things, also looking over the harbour- cheap and cheerful and no complaints.

And the one I fancy- it's flats again- is Pandora. It's on the south side of the harbour with great views, but set well back and above and entering from behind

Old Mar 1st, 2006, 05:57 AM

We're staying at PALAZZO DI PIETRO in Chania this July, and from what I can tell, it's very close to the harbour.
Old Mar 1st, 2006, 07:34 PM

We stayed at the Porto del Columbo, which is on the same street as Casa Delfino. Not on the harbour, but a short walk to it and on a lovely and quiet side street. Our room was nice & large and the bathroom had been reno'd recently. The breakfast was adequate, not a buffet like we had gotten used to but certainly enough food and some caffeine to get the day started. The rates were quite reasonable; it is not a high end hotel but it is not a low end either. It was a nice, middle of the road place to stay that I believe was of good value and perfectly acceptable. I enjoyed our stay.
Old Mar 1st, 2006, 10:03 PM

The Best Western at the Northern end of the port in Hania is just wonderful.