Chania hotels - having trouble

Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 10:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chania hotels - having trouble

It seems I have picked a popular time to visit Chania (June 10-12) and I am striking out on hotels. The Ammos, Delfino are both booked. Can anyone tell me about the Best Western hotel there? I believe it is the Veneziano.

Also, any feedback on Palazzo di Pietro - don't know if they have rooms.
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 11:05 AM

Actually, Hazy, the BW Veneziano is the hotel I had booked for my stay on Chania. Unfortunately, I am canceling tonight because I can't get a flight to Chania on Aegean until 4PM. We are going to Thessaloniki and Rhodes instead. You can book the Veniziano through the Best Western website to get the best rate. The hotel is right on the harbour, so you will be close to everything.

I had booked the BW Veniziano because no other hotel would answer my e-mail messages.

Good luck,
Thingorjus
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 11:13 AM

We stayed at Palazzo di Pietro last July, and loved it. We had a two-room suite, complete with tiny kitchen that the owner ("Ms. Christine&quot had lovingly stocked with fresh fruits, olives, and wine.

Christine also decorated the bed in our suite with candies and flowers from the hotel's beautiful but small rooftop garden.

The hotel is located only a few blocks from the harbor, and is very quiet at night.

If you're interested, I'd e-mail or call right away. The hotel only has ( I think) about 12 rooms.
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 12:48 PM

My inlaws stayed at the Palazzo Pietro and highly recommend it. I have a friend who recently stayed at Casa Leone and really liked it.
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 07:54 AM

FYI, Palazzo Di Pietro is booked for all of July, so if you are considering for June I'd contact soon.
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 08:19 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
We went to check out the BW Veneziano for a future trip while we were in Chania last year. The location is good, on the water east of the main harbor, near lots of dining options. The rooms were adequate, nothing special, and the staff was very helpful, showing us several diferent rooms. I would not hesitate to stay there and would book online through the BW website.
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 04:53 AM
Original Poster

We lucked out and were able to book a room at the Delfino. I understand the bathrooms are small, but it seems the location is very good.