chamonix or annecy?

Search

chamonix or annecy?

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chamonix or annecy?

Does anyone have an opinion as to what the the best place is to settle down for a few days with very athletic teenagers? I know there are water sports in Annecy and tons of hiking in Chamonix. But I really am not sure which town to stay in and spend most of my time in. Where have you stayed in Chamonix?
Old May 30th, 2005, 09:52 PM

Okay, I see. You are still planning on visiting France and Greece. What about Italy? You sure are posting these questions everywhere including the US forum. I suggest you buy some guidebooks instead.
Old May 30th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Original Poster

I am sorry. I am new to Fodor's website. i have tons of books. I just would love to have some people opinion if they have been there. We are going to the Greek Islands, to the French Alps, Lake Como and then on to Antibes.
Old May 30th, 2005, 10:09 PM

Sorry also. I see your posts are about so many different regions. Oh well, I'm sure someone will be able to advise you soon.
Old May 31st, 2005, 04:10 AM

I go to Annecy every couple of years and like it very much. Consider what most interests your kids; watersports or hiking, mountain biking etc. Knowing your likes and those of your kids makes your choice one that only you can make. Annecy has a great old town area that you might like but your kids probably won't get too excited about. The real French Alps are in the distance from Annecy while Chamonix is much more mountainous and close to Mt. Blanc.

And ask all the questions you want on this board as that is it's purpose. Anyone not interested in your posts should just move on.

Have a great trip. Europe is great cause God did some of his best work there.

Larry J
Old May 31st, 2005, 04:26 AM

Larryj, jenjane50 has been asking broad questions about France, Italy, and Greece over the past few days. She did not explain until now that she intends to visit all three countries in one visit. I read her posts with interest as much as you did.
Old May 31st, 2005, 04:39 AM
ira

> Europe is great cause God did some of his best work there.<

Hmmmmmm. Without getting into a theological argument, may I point out that the landscape of Europe has been cultivated for tens of thousands of years?

Old May 31st, 2005, 05:57 AM

LarryJ: <<And ask all the questions you want on this board as that is it's purpose. Anyone not interested in your posts should just move on.>>

This is generally true - however jenjane has asked 9 or 10 totally disjointed short questions - like "what is a good [Greek] island for water sports", "Antibes", "Annency", "Paros" and "chamonix or annecy?"

We could give MUCH more useful info if we had the whole picture in one place.

Things like how long do they have for this trek? When are they going? things like that.

jenjane: all of your various threads are being answered "in a vacuum" since you don't mention the whole itinerary anywhere. Good advice if you are just going to Antibes might not be nearly as good if you are traveling from the Alps, or only have one day there, or other issues.