CDG to Disney Paris

Search

CDG to Disney Paris

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2003, 09:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CDG to Disney Paris

Does anyone know if there is a direct train or shuttle from Charles de Gaule Airport to Disney Paris? If so, how much?
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 10:08 AM

not sure which line goes from degaulle, but the a4 will take you to disneyland. you can change trains at nation, i believe.
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 10:47 AM

I don't think there is any direct rail line between those two, you'd have to change in Paris.

There is a shuttle bus system, however, that goes directly from CDG to Disneyland called VEA Navettes (navette means shuttle in French). That would be the best idea as it's direct and continuous all day (but not in evening) and only takes 30-45 min. I don't know the cost, probably around 12-15 euro for adults. Ask at the airport transportation desk as to where to get it, but it stops at both terminals. YOu may see signs, also, for a Disneyland VEA shuttle bus.
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 10:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, I'll check out the VEG.
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 11:04 AM

Here's a good website with VEA info:

http://www.disneylandparis.com/uk/go...s_airports.htm
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 11:07 AM

The VEA site is right here:
http://www.vea.fr/uk/index.asp
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 01:43 PM
Intrepid

The other posters are correct..to use public transport (the RER) you'd have to go into Paris and change for another train. I think the shuttle service would be more convenient for you.

Old Aug 4th, 2003, 03:41 PM

I took the TGV to Lyon this May. It stopped at Marne-la-Vallee where people got off and on the train. It looked like the Disney Park was right there next to the station.

It only took 10 minutes and you can book tickets at www.sncf.com where it shows a full fare of 13euro.
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 10:32 PM

Indytravel's right - there are numerous TGVs that go direct from Charles de Gaulle airport to Marne la Vallée (Disneyland). The journey time (according to the SNCF) is 10 minutes. You can get the timetables by keying in "Roissy" to "Marne la Vallée" on the SNCF website (Roissy = the other name for CDG)
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 03:37 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all - The TVG looks great, since we'll be staying at the new Marriott timeshare at Marne la Valee.
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 09:56 AM

That's good to know -- I thought the TGVs that went down south from CDG might go by there, but since I hadn't taken one, I wasn't really sure they actually stopped there or that you could buy a ticket for that distance. Of course, I knew you could find out on the sncf.com site but I wasn't going there....
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 12:06 PM

Seat reservations are mandatory on all TGV trains. I really recommend that you don't use your seats. Buy the cheapest 2nd class seats you can get. At the train platform let everyone else get on in front of you. Then take your baggage and stand at the end of the car with it. It's only 10 minutes and you'll save yourself a ton of hassle trying to get to the middle of the correct car (where your seats will invariably be) and stow your baggage. This way you don't even have to find the correct car, any 2nd class one will do. As I recall the doors open to the platform on the right if you want to position over to that side of the train.
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 11:07 PM

fairridge: We will be staying at the Marriott timeshare next March. Would love to hear your itinerary if you are willing to share. Are you mainly doing Disney or are you doing other sightseeing as well?
Old Aug 9th, 2003, 07:56 AM
Original Poster

We are doing quite a bit of other sightseeing. Rented a van for 4 days to tour Champange region and make an overnight trip to Mont St. Michel. Bought 3 day RER passes (5 zone), which will take us into Paris two days and Versaille one day. Only spending one day at Disney. The only reason we are staying there is the Marriott Timeshare. My wife and I will conclude our trip with two extra nights in Paris to see the sights our kids aren't interested in, eg Rodin Museum, walking Rue St Clar, etc. Plz excuse my spelling.