Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

CDG: Shuttle from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In May we're arriving at Terminal 1, relatives at Terminal 2; it's been suggested that we meet them over there (their first trip to Europe), and proceed to car rental from that point. I assume there's shuttle service between the terminals--easy to find, run often, etc.? Thank you for any help!
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 09:33 AM
P_M

Yes, there are shuttle buses, and just about anyone working at the airport can point out the way. I was there in January and the taxi driver mistakenly took us to the wrong terminal for our flight home. We ran as fast as we could through the crowd and found the buses. I don't speak much French, but the driver understood my request. I bet all the drivers will understand if you ask for Terminal 2. As for frequency, I don't know because our bus left right after we boarded.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 09:40 AM

Not to worry, the shuttles run very frequently between the terminals at no cost to you, just be sure you get on the right one. Follow the signs or ask at the Tourist Information kiosk for directions.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 09:43 AM

After clearing immigration, you take the elevator down to the street level and pick up the yellow shuttle bus to get to Terminal 2.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone!
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 02:51 PM

in terminal 2 there's an information desk on the street side, an easy place to meet friends. alternatively you can stand near the spot where arriving passengers leave the customs area.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 06:04 PM

The Sheraton lobby has been suggested as a meeting place (since family arriving at Term. 2 arrive 2.5 hrs. ahead of us); is that a hike from where we'll be dropped off?
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 07:25 PM

you'd probably need to take the hotel shuttle, which means lugging baggage. it might be easier just to head over to terminal 2, as the wait might not be too long given late plane arrivals and the lines at immigration.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 07:30 PM

Well, the Sheraton lobby is a good meeting place, but as Underhill says, then you'd need to find the hotel shuttle, and I don't know where that is. Better to take the yellow regular shuttle bus from Terminal 2 and settle on a place to meet there, even if it's the lobby of the Sheraton, which would be a bit of a hike from where the shuttle lets you off.
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 12:03 AM

The Sheraton hotel is located directly above the TGV station in the middle of CDG 2 (directly adjacent to terminals 2C, 2D, 2E and 2F) and I think its lobby would indeed be a good meeting place, though I've never gone inside.

While the Sheraton may have its own shuttle service, you can just take the normal ADP shuttle (line 1) from CDG 1 and get off at the "Gare TGV" stop.

Go to:
www.adp.fr
for terminal maps and other airport info. A map of shuttle bus routes is available at:
http://www.adp.fr/webadp/a_cont01.nsf/0/7D6D3B8F4EDA9373C1256B1F0059E5CB/$File/CircuitsNavettes.pdf

Hope this helps,
Andre
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 06:35 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, all, again!
Underhill, I will have to take luggage no matter how I go, right? And the relatives' wait will probably be at least 2.5 hrs. because my husband and I have to get luggage, go thru passport control, immigration, etc., at Terminal 1 before we head over to Terminal 2. They arrive around 7:30 am, and we don't get there until 10:00.

Andre, thank you for the websites. I'll check them out.

This feels like it's becoming complicated. I'm wondering if it might be easier (despite the ugliness of Terminal 1, etc.) for relatives, who will have lots of time on their hands, to come over and meet us at Terminal 1.

Anyway, lots of time to fine tune this between now and May. And that's good!
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 06:50 AM
laurensuite

Grandmere,
Please, please, please listen to me...do not, I repeat, do not direct your relatives to meet you at the infamous Terminal 1. It has always been a zoo, and now with the partial collapse and closure of the newterminal at the Air France Terminal 2 location, Terminal 1 is unbelievably busy at times.
Do anything but direct them to meet you there. Have them go into Paris by bus or taxi, whatever.
I would tell them to go to the Sheraton Hotel (it is directly off the terminal, it does not sit apart). Tell them to go into the lounge or restaurant (go onto their site and determine exactly where and also determine an alternative in case the restaurant or lounge is closed for renovation or something) Tell them to relax and you will be there. An added attraction is that you could call them and page them or try to get a message to them there if a problem existed.
Try to have them wait where the time can be spent in a relaxing fashion. Hey, they could be late coming in too, and you would have to wait there. It always is difficult to meet someone in an airport. I remember when I was to meet a couple at the old Newark Airport "bus station". I was coming from Chicago at the time, snowed in we diverted to Milwaukee. Got to Newark at about 4 in the a.m. They were leaning against each other in the darkened room sitting on wooden benches. Only Hertz was open at that late hour. They were young, had no money to rent a car, were depending on me to get a room, have a great time in ole N.Y. ...None of it occured.

Old Feb 8th, 2005, 08:43 AM
Original Poster

You've convinced me, Laurensuite!

If we were going to Paris, I agree that having them take a taxi there would be the simplest, but we are going to pick up the rental car and drive to Les Andelys before we put our heads to a pillow!