Help Navigating Between Terminals at CDG

Jan 25th, 2007, 06:18 AM
Original Poster

Help Navigating Between Terminals at CDG

Perhaps this question has been asked (and answered) before since CDG must be the MOST posted-about airport on this board...and if it has been answered then my apologies.

The plan: arriving at CDG Terminal 1 after an overseas flight.

The Objective: to get to the CORRECT check-in spot in Terminal 2 for a domestic Air France departure flight (yes, we have several hours between our arrival and departure).

Knowns: there are busses which will take you and your luggage between terminals (I assume they will be crowded)

Terminal 2 has about six different sections

The Question If we do not know which section of Terminal 2 the AF flight leaves from can we go into any part of the departures section and walk to the correct check-in desks OR do we have to go into a specific section of Terminal 2?

For those of you for whom this sounds terribly ignorant, help me get up to your familiarity speed, OK?

Thanks in advance.
Jan 25th, 2007, 06:56 AM

Look up your flight on the Air France website to see from which of the terminal 2 halls it will depart from. Then when you arrive at terminal 1 exit the terminal at door 22 and take the #5 bus to your terminal 2 hall. The bus will make stops at all the halls.

Larry J
Jan 25th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Original Poster

Larry,

Thanks for that information.

The potential problem I see with this is if that AF flight's departure is changed from one hall to another and finding that out BEFORE getting off the shuttle bus.

This is the reason I asked if you can navigate, on foot, between halls at Terminal 2 if necessary.
Jan 25th, 2007, 07:24 AM

AF has set departure terminal for each destination. They don't really change. If it's a domestic France flight, it's likely to be 2D, but you need to double check to make sure.
Jan 25th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Original Poster

Rkkwan,

Thanks for that additional piece of information which makes things much easier.
Jan 25th, 2007, 07:34 AM

As rkkwan said the flights for a particular destination will use the same terminal and hall all the time. The gate may change but not the hall. In the unlikely event they change the halls just take the next #5 shuttle to that hall. It's not a problem especially in your case since you say you have lots of time between flights.

Larry J
Jan 25th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Larry and also thanks for including the Bus #; every little bit of extra info helps especially when it isn't so easy to simply ask anyone standing close by for directions.