CDG into town?

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 10:59 AM
ccc

CDG into town?

How much does it cost to get from the airport to Paris? easy public transport?

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 11:15 AM
Easy

We used the Air France bus,About 11 Euro.You can get off at Gare du Nord or Montparnasse, both stops have Metro stations,There is the train ,about 7 Euros and you have many options where to get off and then use the Metro to get you where you need to go-it's included in the train ticket,The problem is if you have big suitcases,tough to handle on the train and metro but people do seem to uses it!

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 11:22 AM
Bill Fleites

I always prefer using the RER to get into Paris from CDG. As I recall the cost for a one way ticket was around 7 Euros. The upside to the RER is that it gets you into the city quickly and never runs into traffic jams. The downside, is that you'll have to lug your luggage up and down stairs.

An alternative that I've used and also like is the Air France buses that will take you into several places within Paris. There are two routes that I know of, one to Place Charles de Gaulle (l'Etoile - Arc de Triomphe) and another to Montparnasse via Gare de Lyon. These run very frequently (about every 15 minutes) and take about 50 minutes to get into town. I believe the cost is around 20 Euros. The downside to the bus is that it can hit traffic heading into Paris.

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 11:27 AM
Grasshopper

The RER can be a pain if you have a lot of luggage. And transferring can be tricky. Another consideration is www.parishuttle.com It's about 23 Euros one way per person but they pick you up and drop you at your hotel.

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 12:03 PM
Gretchen

And if there is more than one of you a taxi is about 40?.

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 01:36 PM
mpprh

Hi

helping Gretchen.

The taxi is about EUR 40.

Peter

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 07:26 PM
Mary

I have taken both the RER and the Air France bus. Both were convenient and inexpensive. The RER is especially good if your hotel is walking distance to a stop, as mine was. The Air France Bus, which I took to Gare Monparnasse, was great, and safe - only 11 euros. I have heard that you have to be careful and watch your bags on the RER. But I myself didn't notice anything to be nervous about.

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 07:32 PM
Dave

There are some airport shuttles as well ranging from 15euro to 23 euro- drop you right off at your hotel.
www.airportshuttle.fr
www.parisairportservice.com