Reload this Page >

Castiglione di Ravello

Search

Castiglione di Ravello

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 12:10 PM
Mariarosa

Castiglione di Ravello

How far away is Castiglione di Ravello from Ravello's main square? How far away is it from AMalfi? Would it be a pain-in-the-butt to stay in Castiglione without a car? I'm asking about Castiglione becuase I found a hotel called San michele and it looks very cute, but I don't want to treck too much. Thanks for your help!

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 08:26 AM
Mariarosa

topping in the hopes of catching someone who has been there!

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 08:48 AM
curious

I hope you get a reply as I was investigating San Michele's sister property, Villa Scarpariello, which is in the same area. They both look like beautiful places for good rates (Scarpariello has a pool though, which is a plus for my kids). I was wondering the same thing as you were! Can anyone help?

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 09:24 AM
joy

Mariarosa: <BR> <BR>Castiglione di Ravello is about a 15- minute narrow and winding road drive to Ravello itself. Forget about taking a bus because as a native said, the bus schedule is inconsistent and far between. We were there last June and I took a peek at Villa San Michele. It is a hotel right on the road along the Amalfi Drive. I went to the reception area which was very tiny but I didn't get a chance to wander around the property. As for Castiglione itself, I thought it was nearer Amalfi drive-wise than Ravello. If you want to stay in Ravello, you have to stay in the town itself. Trekking to Ravello from Castiglione each day can be a pain-in-the-butt because of the drive but it is doable. Depends on what you want to do though. Villa Scarpariello is about 5 minutes further east from San Michele towards Maiori. I'm not sure if it is a standard hotel or an apartment complex (7-day stay requirement). There is a heavy gate to enter the Villa.

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 12:16 PM
Mariarosa

Thanks Joy! That was the exact information I needed. <BR> <BR>curious - I guess that's why the rates are so reasonable for such a nice-looking property, it requires some treking. I will continue looking...

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 12:44 PM
curious

It has apartments but also rooms. You can rent the rooms by the night. I will probably still stay there since we need 2 rooms, would love to have a pool for the kids and will have a car anyway.

Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello

Has anyone stayed at the apartments in the Villa Scarpariello recently? It looks beautiful, but curious to get real feedback.

Thanks
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 02:35 AM

Castiglione di Ravello is on the main road between Atrani &amp; Minori and is in the Commune of Ravello but not anywhere near central Ravello(15mins by regular bus).It is a beach that is reached by climbing down 150 or so steps.Atrani can be reached in five minutes on foot,and Amalfi another five minutes from Atrani.There are regular bus services to Ravello,Amalfi(if needed) and Minori,Maiori,Erchie,Cetara,Vietri Sul Mare &amp; Salerno.
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 02:43 AM

Hi Mariarosa,
If you look at the arches in the top left hand corner of the picture on the Website, they are the arches that carry the main road,and where you can hail buses.Just 2 mins around the Corner is Castiglione Beach as described above,then comes Atrani &amp; Amalfi.
Old Sep 9th, 2003, 06:51 PM

To KristyS, I am also staying at the Villa Scarpariello and have not been able to get anyone to reply. I am hoping it is a nice place but can't find anyone who has stayed there before.
Old Sep 9th, 2003, 07:50 PM

Hi taya

I was never able to find anyone that had stayed there either, just what is posted on Summer in Italy website where I rented the apartment. That feedback was positive.

I am leaving for the Villa this Friday and returning the week of September 22nd, so I will make sure to post a report for you then....hoping it is really great!
Old Sep 10th, 2003, 03:23 AM

KristyS I am leaving for Venice this Sunday and will be staying at the Villa on September 26-28. I will be returning from our trip Oct 3. I would be interested in hearing how things went.
Old Oct 4th, 2003, 07:33 AM

KristyS. We just returned from Residence Scarpariello and loved it. We were there for four days, one of which was during the power black out. Loved it and would love ot go back. I would love to hear hyour comments.
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 05:12 AM

Ciao taya,

good to hear you enjoyed the Costiera Amalfitana.
Old Jan 7th, 2004, 06:42 PM

HI Taya

I posted awhile back and just noticed it never went through.

We LOVED the Villa Scarpariello! We are already talking about a trip this year. We were in the top appartmento, and had a nice patio. We enjoyed the pool, jumping into the med from the ladder and the staff was excellent. We ate in some fabulous restaurant and drove all over with no problems. Would love to hear what you enjoyed about the Villa, hope you had a wonderful time!