Carris 7 Colinas ticket for children and seniors

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2007, 11:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if the Carris tickets are the same price for children and seniors. I've been to their website and nowhere are prices for children or seniors listed. Altho I could ask on arrival, prefer to be armed with the information.

Also, just want to be sure I understood correctly - if I buy the 7 Colinas card, I can use it for all modes of transport - bus, tram and electrico, right? But can't take the train to Cascais or Sintra?

Is the balance on the card refundable? I know that the 50ct is not refundable but at least, would like to get the rest back if it is alot.

Thanks,
Fran
Old May 21st, 2007, 12:25 PM

Your understanding of the 7 Colinas card is accurate. Note also that it doesn't include the ferries, but does include the "elevadors" (including the ones that work on the steep hills as well as the Santa Justa that goes straight up and down).

You can load your card with one day or five day network wide access. The five day version is only 13.5 euros, so an excellent deal for a really superb public transport system. You don't even have to take the card out of your wallet---simply holding your wallet up to the scanner is usually sufficient (so long as there's not too much stuff in between the scanner and the card).

I don't think there's a children's discount, though children below a certain age probably ride for free.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 12:51 PM

What is the website for that 7 Colinas ticket and can I buy ahead of time or only upon arrival in Lisbon? Great advice from everyone!!!!
Thanks
Old May 22nd, 2007, 09:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's my trip report of our Lisbon stay in March: http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...amp;dirtyBit=1

We bought a 7 colinas card for a one-day pass. Then we just bought single tickets because it was even cheaper for our itinerary.

We bought our card at the Rossio Metro station. Make sure you get a map of the metro and train lines.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 06:17 AM

Susana49, here's a link that explains the 7 Colinas card:

http://www.carris.pt/en/index.php?ar...hetes_7colinas

We bought ours from a machine at the Baixa-Chiado metro station, at the same time loading it with a "five day network ticket" at a cost of 13.5 euro (so a total of 14 euro). No need to buy it in advance, and there's no photo ID or anything required.
Old May 24th, 2007, 05:39 AM

Thanks Therese
Susana
Old May 24th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies and the tip about being able to buy the card from a machine.

Fran