car service or cab from CDG

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14th, 2003, 03:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone recently taken a car service (or a cab) from the Paris Airport (CDG).? How many euros did it cost? Any suggestions for making the arrangements before we go? How plentiful are the cabs there? I know getting a cab in the city can be a big pain. We arrive at 7:30 am on a Saturday.

Thanks
kevs
Old Oct 14th, 2003, 06:49 AM

Few things could be easier than getting a cab at CDG. Just follow the "taxi" signs, exit the building, and get in a cab. There are always at least as many cabs as there are passengers. It will cost you about 35-45 € on a Saturday morning at that time if traffic is "fluide" on the périférique.
Old Oct 14th, 2003, 06:58 AM
jay

take the train. it is just as fast and much cheaper.
Old Oct 14th, 2003, 07:19 AM

I have used "car and driver" services from CDG into Paris. You can book on www.gotoparis.net. The current posted rate is $69 for 1-2 passengers. It is worth every penny to me to be met outside of customs and turn my bags and me over to someone who gets me to my hotel.
Have a great time in Paris! (I will be there in April)
Old Oct 14th, 2003, 12:20 PM

[email protected]-- to the attention of

Evelyn-----

this is the shuttle service we used for a family of 5--met us at the Customs Hall and had private van to hotel....
Old Oct 14th, 2003, 02:43 PM

I've been taking cabs to/from CDG to central Paris quite a few years now and the fares haven't really changed that much. I did just do that route this summer twice -- I remember paying the guy 50 euro from CDG to Hotel Muguet, somewhat heavy traffic on the peripherique and some demonstrations within Paris that blocked off a few streets so we had to detour a little. That included a tip and I probably could have gotten away from a couple euro less but I only had 50 euro notes from the CDG ATM. On going to CDG on Sunday morning from near rue Mouffetard in the 5th, I think I paid a little less, but not much.

There are always tons of cabs lined up at the cab stand at airports to take fares, and I've never had to wait even a minute. It's the easiest place to get a cab in Paris, in my experience.
Old Oct 15th, 2003, 10:38 AM

Generally, how long does the trip take by cab? We land at 9:10 am and want to attempt to catch a 10:55 train in town.
Old Oct 15th, 2003, 04:14 PM

My wife, daughter and I vacationed in Paris just last week. We arrived on Tuesday morning at 9:30 and climbed into our taxi about 10:15. We were wisked to our hotel (Opera) in under 40 minutes. (Carry the name and address of hotel to hand to driver.) Cost was 39 euros including our 4 bags. On the return this past Monday at 8:30AM, we had the hotel call for a taxi and it arrived with 8 euros on the meter and took about 30 minutes and cost 40 euros. Be sure that you know the departing terminal as we were dropped off at the wrong terminal. No big deal, we just had to hop a shuttle. For the 3 of us, this was really the best way to go not having to worry with luggage and stairs and walking the streets of Paris with luggage.
Old Oct 15th, 2003, 06:57 PM

To be sure of a smooth, hassle-free, direct route to your hotel, just line up outside the "Arrivals" hall and take a taxi. The line moves quickly. It sure beats waiting for the shuttle.