Reload this Page >

Transport Options from CDG to Paris for Party of 8

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 09:06 PM
sbsm32

Can anyone direct me to a shuttle service from CDG to Paris proper that can accommodate a family of 8? A service I can call prior to departure or preferably a website where I can make reservations online would be great. I am trying to avoid taxis or metro due to the size of party and luggage involved. I have looked at the CDG website for the shuttle service but was thoroughly confused.<BR><BR>Any idea how much I should expect to pay for a one way or RT ride? If there are better options I am receptive. Thanks in advance.<BR><BR>

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 09:11 PM
Sue

You can take the Roissy bus which goes from CDG to the Opera, then take a taxi or walk from there. I think the cost is $10 or $11. We just did this 2 weeks ago and it works out well. <BR><BR>This is one of many options.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 09:30 PM
eee

Take the RERB from CDG Terminal 2.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 12:07 AM
Moonbeam

Try paris shuttle , Mark harris gives a discount if you mention Fodor's. I think the email is [email protected] 8 people you will get an additonal amount off

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 04:20 AM
Gretchen

Take 2 cabs. It would still be cheaper than the shuttle. If you take the Roissy bus you still have to get from its stop to your hotel. Cabs will take 4 people. It will be about 40?/cab.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 04:34 AM
Francis

three taxis not 2 gretchen<BR><BR>150 euros is a lot more than you would pay in a shuttle

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 09:17 AM
Christina

You can get taxis for four people without that much problem from what I've heard many say (haven't done it myself), and a taxi fare from CDG to central Paris is not usually 50 euro. I usually pay about 40 euro, but it's really whether you can manage in two cabs that is the issue.<BR><BR>However, if you have children less than 3, they are free on Parishuttle and it might be nice to all go together, so I think you could do that instead of two cabs (the cost would be about the same even if no child is free, it's 15 euro apiece for 8+). You never know with traffic or the destination, I wouldn't choose between shuttle or taxis based on expecting to save one method. <BR><BR>If you are by any chance going near an Air France bus stop so you can walk from it to your hotel (Arc de Triomphe, Porte Maillot or Montparnasse Tower), that might be a good option, also. There is no problem with luggage and all 8 can go together. Children less than 2 are free and it's only 5 euro for children aged 2-11, 10 euro for adults (those are 1-way fares) PLUS there is a 15 pct discount for groups of 4+. Most people aren't within walking distance of those stops, though.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 04:04 PM
Sue

CDG to Paris weekday rush hour this past May cost us 48 euro for 3 people; the return, same circumstances, cost 46.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 06:50 PM
Betsy

I second for Paris shuttle. Its easy, gets you right to the hotel and will be waaaay less expensive then a taxi. Mark will set you up via e-mail. I used th service in July. I was told to call when I arrived in baggage BEFORE I had received my luggage. Next time I'll call after I get my bag. Why? It took at least 30-45 minutes to get my luggage. The driver was where they said he'd be, but almost left due to waiting for almost an hour for me and having client waiting with him to go into the city.But he did wait and I got into Paris with no problem in a very comforatble mini-van for 23 euros

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 08:04 PM
StCirq

Taxis for more than three are the norm now. I have been taken into Paris to the train station at Austerlitz by a van taxi that held 7 - and I was the only passenger - three times in recent memory. Just go to the taxi stand and request 2 taxis and state where you are going, and you will get a taxi within minutes. My fares have ranged from 37 to 54 euros depending on traffic - there was a general strike the last time I took one that held up traffic all over Paris.

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 03:21 AM
Gretchen

Sorry Francis. Been there done that with 4 people in a taxi. It is not at all uncommon. Two taxis.

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 03:46 AM
kate

e-mail [email protected] or go to: www.france-hotels.net and click on the shuttle. very good rates. we are using them on Saturday.

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 04:16 AM
Debbie

When we were in Paris in 2000, the six of us took Air City Service shuttle from CDG to our hotel. After collecting our luggage, and exiting Customs, they had a desk where we told them of our reservation and in just a few minutes, the driver greeted us, assisted us with our luggage and took us to our hotel in a minivan. We used them to get from our hotel back to CDG at the end of our trip also. Very helpful. You can find them at www.graylineparis.com then click on air city service!