Car Rental in Malaga, Spain

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2013, 02:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are planning a two-week trip to Spain and Portugal in October, and are considering renting a car at the Malaga airport and driving to the Algarve in Portugal. I've read horror stories about some of the rental companies and would like some advice on a. who to use and b. is this a good idea, or should we just fly to Portugal and rent a car there? Any advice would be really appreciated.
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 07:48 PM

You should check with Auto Europe (www.autoeurope.com) regarding a rental. It's one of the best brokers around, along with Kemwel (www.kemwel.com), a sister company located in Portland, Maine. You can also deal directly with AVIS or Hertz if you want to pay a little more. EuropCar is also another major player in this business.

Because of the steep drop off fees associated with picking up in one country and dropping off in another, I would fly from Sevilla to Lisbon and take the train to the Algarve, where you can pick up another rental car.

Also, avoiding picking up at the airport can save you enough for a good lunch for two.
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 12:40 AM

Another search engine for you to use: http://www.booking-centre-online.com...spaansstart&uk
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both for your replies. As it looks like its only around $100 each to fly, as opposed to $1,000 to rent a car for two weeks, i will definitely be taking your advice.
Old Mar 13th, 2017, 07:20 AM

Hi!
I would like to recommend yoy bidupp.com . I was in Malaga last Christmas holidays and I was traveling around the Costa del Sol with this transfer (It is also available for long trips).
It's an app really useful regarding travelling from one point to another. You can order a transfer and they will pick up in your locations and take you to the place you want to go. The best option if you don't want to think in where to park in case you rent a car.
Hope this was helpful and best wishes for your trip in Spain!