Capri Relax Boats? Any Experiences?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2005, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are thinking of booking a boat for a day while we are in Capri. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Capri Relax Boats? I got their name from Caprionline.com.

Or perhaps has anyone had a great experience with another company they could recommend?

We are specifically looking for a private charter (or a very small group)for either a full day or a half day around Capri with stops to swim and explore.

Thanks again in advance for your help Fodorites!
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 10:31 AM

Somebody on the forum may have a name for you, but if not, there is a tourist kiosk in Capri town almost as soon as you disembark from the funicular, and I'm sure they can provide reputable names. Whatever you do DO NOT go through your hotel. It will cost about double the price.
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Weadles. Good thought about going through the hotel. What do youthink of going through web sites before going? A waste of time or good planning?

We usually book things like this when we are there but having never been to Capri I was concerned about not being able to find what we wanted once we arrived.
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Original Poster

I meant NOT going through the hotel. UGH!
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Original Poster

TTT
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 05:53 PM

I'd rather go with a personal recommendation than a website. But if nothing turns up here, try slowtrav.com which is a good overall site for Italian travel.

You can also wait until you get to Capri, and check with the tourist kiosk if necessary.
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 04:05 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Weadles. I am thinking I may wait until we get there and then determine what the weather is like. It will be the last week of May when we are there so I am assuming the weather will be nice but perhaps not warm enough to go out the whole day on the water? I am not sure. We are from Florida and like our sun hot. *S*
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 11:30 AM

The end of May will probably be very hot in Capri, so you should be happy! Enjoy your trip, and if you don't mind the recommendation, try a place called LO ZODIACO down at the marina ( near all the boat operators). We had one of the best meals of our stay there-- simple handmade pastas, out of this world pizza, etc. And cheap cheap cheap! Really a great meal.
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Original Poster

Actually, I did get that name off another thread and it is tops on our list of restaurants in Capri. Thanks!
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 02:55 PM

Dejais,

Please do post a trip report when you return! I'll be in Capri in Sept and am hoping to do the boat tour. Would love tohear your experience. Appreciate the restaurant rec too!

Buon viaggio!
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Original Poster

Dayle...Without a doubt I will post a trip report. I feel I owe it to all of the others who posted theirs. They have helped me immensely with their insights and experiences.

If nothing else, the trip reports keep me busy until we leave. Beats reading a travel guide any day!
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 06:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
There's a couple of places in the Marina that offer boats that you drive. We were there at the height of the season last summer, and it looked like you won't have a problem booking.

I know that Gennaro and Salvatore do all day trips of the kind you have in mind from Positano, and I think you can catch them once they arrive in Capri.

It is absolutely worth doing what you plan to do. We took a trip around the island, so we didn't rent our own boat. Rather, we took the bus, got off, walked down (like to the Blue Grotto) and swam around.
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Original Poster

Surfergirl...Did you do any of the day trips to Positano or Sorrento? We will be in Capri for five days so I was thinking of renting a boat for one day and doing a tour of another city on the coast another day. Any experiences you can share? Thank you!!!
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 05:37 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Old May 18th, 2005, 11:47 AM

I hope you haven't left yet b/c I have the perfect person for your boat tour! There's an American woman living on the island who can really make your tour special. We found her by accident this year and she made our trip so much more meaningful than the tour we did last year. Last year we had a skipper who basically just grunted the names of the grottoes but couldn't tell us why they were called that. This year, Rebecca gave us very interesting insight into the history of the island and gave us some pointers of other things to do to make the most of our time. We only had a half day to tour but she does longer tours, as well. Her e-mail address is [email protected]