Reload this Page >

Can you stand another Eurostar Question

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 11:14 AM
xxx

Upon arrival in Paris I assume there are taxi stands just outside the terminal. Does the queue move quickly or are you there forever waiting for the next taxi? Yes, I know we can take the Metro, but would rather not with luggage.

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Susan

I suppose it depends on the time of day, I arrived at Gare du Nord at about 2:00 p.m. on a Saturday and waited maybe 5- 10 mins. The line which was not short moved very quickly, as I suppose that Parsien taxi drivers like drivers everywhere know when the trains arrive and they were lined up for customers.

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 11:23 AM
janis

As Susan says - it mostly depends on the time of day and how many other trains arrive at the same time. The last time I arrived via Eurostar was on a Saturday last October. There was a long queue - but the ATM in the station was out of order and I had to walk about a block up the street to another ATM. By the time I got back the taxi queue was almost gone and I had to wait about a minute.

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 12:28 PM
Mavis

Hope don't mind xxx - I'm going to piggyback on your question. Anyone have a rough idea what it would cost to go by taxi fr. Gare du Nord on a Sat. to Latin Quarter - rue Thenard near College du France? Thanks.

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 01:07 PM
Gavin

When we arrived on a Monday PM rush hour the queue looked horrible but moved along OK. It took about 20 minutes. The fare to our hotel in the Marais was about 12 Euros.

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 01:24 PM
Susan

Fare from Gare du Nord to Rue Jacob (San Germain) about 11 Euros.

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 02:51 PM
sheryl

We were in Paris 3 weekends ago. We arrived via Eurostar and immediately went to the info booth there at the station and were told what bus number to take for our hotel. It was quick and easy. Taxis are all just outside the door, as well as buses. We don't speak French, but after spending the 5 previous days in London, we knew how the tubes worked and we bought a weekend pass and used the tubes exclusively. It was just as easy as the tubes were in London.