Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Saint Jean Cap Ferrat or Beaulieu sur Mer?

Mar 12th, 2001, 10:41 PM
k

(Riveria)
I rather it wasn't one of the 4 stars as most are quite pricey.
Appreciate any help.

Mar 13th, 2001, 05:10 AM
linda

k, We stayed at Clair Logis in St. Jean Cap Ferrat. It is a wonderful place. The buildings are inside of a high wall with a garden and orange trees. Morning breakfast next to the Bourganvillea(sp) is a favorite memory. There is no view of the sea but that is reflected in the price. There are two buildings, definately request the old building.

Mar 13th, 2001, 05:31 AM
Anthony

Several years ago we stayed at the Frisia in Beaulieu. It is located right on the boat basin and, as I recall, moderate in price. Get a room facing the Med.

The nearby train is very convenient for day tours to Nice, Monaco. Nearby St Jean has some nice restaurants on the water.

Mar 13th, 2001, 07:39 AM
Sherry

It will probably be too late for you to make your plans, but I will be staying in Beaulieu the first week of May. Have never been to the hotel and would have to wait to let you know until I get back. If you want, keep my e-mail address and drop me a line after May 12 and I can let you know. If that isn't too late that is.

Mar 13th, 2001, 08:35 AM
Dave

We stayed at the Clair Logis and the Hotel Panoramic in Cap Ferrat last October. The Clair Logis was fine for the money (approx $45us-stayed in the 'new' wing, 'old' bldg much nicer). We really enjoyed the Panoramic, where we stayed for 3 nights (approx $80us). Almost every room has a great view(facing east) of the Med, St Jean, and the Mountains with Monaco in the distance.

Mar 13th, 2001, 10:13 AM
coco

I've stayed at the Voile d'Or in Cap Ferrat--surprisingly affordable considering the prices in their restaurant, and wonderfuly situated right on the water. In Beaulieu, we were at the Metropole (at least I think that's in Beaulieu) which was a little pricier but REALLY nice in every way. (Even if you don't stay there, stop by for an afternoon tea in the back lobby--terribly civilized! My freinds tell me this hotel was one of the sets in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, but I need to see the movie again to make the connection.

Mar 13th, 2001, 08:03 PM
K

Thank you all so much. For the past 3 weeks I have tried to get the Web Site for the Panorama (even have e-mailed Tourism Dept.who forwarded my message to the hotel)no response yet. Does anyone have the e-mail or Web address for the Hotel Panorama, or Frisia? I also considered the Carlton in Beaulieu Sur M. but they must be closed.

Mar 14th, 2001, 08:22 AM
Shelley

k, Check out this hotel in Roquebrune Cap Martin.It is very close to Menton
WWW.hotel-diodato.net.

Mar 14th, 2001, 08:48 AM
Sherry

Hotel Frisia, 2bd Eugene Gauthier: [email protected]. This was in a list of hotels from a Beauliew-Sur-Mer websight I pulled up in a search. All other information is in French, but does include a list . There is no websight for the Carlton, but the telephone # is 04 93 01 14 70. Maybe this will help.

Mar 14th, 2001, 08:53 AM
Sherry

Just noticed that the number from my response above is for the four star Le Carlton on 7 av. Edith Cavell. Just noticed there is a three star Residence Carlton 9bis ave. Albert 1er, 04 93 01 06 02. Do not know which you want.

Mar 14th, 2001, 11:13 AM
K

Thank you all. All your information has been very helpful and put to use.