calling the USA

Feb 27th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Original Poster

calling the USA

Is anyone familiar with an international calling card from nobelcom? I am looking for the best way to call the USA from Europe and their rates sound great.
Feb 27th, 2005, 11:56 AM
ira

Hi g,

Don't know the card. Did you look to see if there is a connection fee?
Feb 27th, 2005, 12:23 PM

Where in Europe are you going? Almost every European country has cheap telecards you can buy at cafés and tobacco shops that you can use in any public phone.
Feb 27th, 2005, 05:56 PM

I also need information on this subject. We will be visiting Italy, Switzerland, France & Spain. Will we be able to buy reasonably priced calling cards in all of these countries to call the USA? Will we be able to understand the directions for using the cards?
Feb 27th, 2005, 06:00 PM

there are inexpensive calling cards that can be purchased in the US through outlets such as Costco, that for a set amount of money (say $20) allow for more than 90 minutes of calls to the USA from Europe.
Feb 27th, 2005, 06:04 PM

It's pretty easy. Cards come with access number to dial first, then you enter pin, and then the number you want to call, including country code. If it makes you feel more comfortable, you can buy cards in USA, but the rates probably are not as good (i.e. one minute of talk time zaps say 5, or 9, or whatever minutes from your card).