Calling all Greek Geeks for answers

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 05:30 PM
Zeus

Calling all Greek Geeks for answers

Congratulations, if you clicked on this heading you must be an expert on Greece, and just the person I need to talk to.<BR>Question 1 - What month would be the best time to look to book airfare to Greece for NEXT summer? Right now fares run about 1200 from the east coast.<BR>Question 2 - Is it possible to get fares from the east coast to Greece in early June around 700-800?<BR>Question 3 - Any good websites for accomodations on the Greek Islands?<BR>Thanks

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 05:53 PM
GrGe

Try www.greecetravel.com

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 03:30 AM
elaine

www.greektravel.com is also excellent.<BR>June is as peak as it gets for Greece, I haven't been there recently but I'm not surprised about the very high fares.<BR>$700-$800 would be a bargain. If you're going with someone, you might want to look into an airline-hotel package.

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 04:11 AM
lala

I think $700-800 is very possible in June, especially early in the month. Last year I flew from JFK-Athens on June 7th & returned the 17th, I got this fare for in the neighborhood of $800. I used Homeric Tours, they specialize in Greece. I personally think July-August is high season, this year I am going in Aug. and am paying about $1000.

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 07:14 AM
xxxx

The April time period should yield better fares then right now.

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 07:34 AM
mike

i was there last june a year ago and paid about $520 flying luftansa from the northeast...so your pricing is possible but you probably need to monitor the price every so often since it fluctuates widely (i placed my ticket order usually 2-3 months ahead since prices tend to stay up afterwards); with 9-11, all the media said the prices will come down drastically but i believe overall airfare prices are more expensive than last year..btw, may and june months are excellent time for traveling since weather is not too hot and tourists haven't arrived en masse yet...(well not enough to be annoyed at your fellow tourists!)

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 03:18 PM
Leslie

Zeus, you either might want to wait until 2005 or at least until after the Olympics in 2004, as airfare and hotel prices are going to be outrageously priced, and the crowds are going to be horrendous.<BR><BR>I was in Athens and Mykonos in August many years ago, and it is hotter there than Hell, so plan accordingly and make sure that you plan on spending your days at the beach.

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 04:17 PM
Tricia

I would look to buy airfare in late Feb. or March $1200 is too high for June I've flown for less than that twice in August, $700-800 is very reasonable. Besides greektravel.com look at greekhotel.com or unitedhellas.com, plus many islands have there own websites.<BR>