Caiscas . Hotel Albatroz

Search

Caiscas . Hotel Albatroz

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 2018, 03:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caiscas . Hotel Albatroz

We are considering staying a night or two in Caiscas in early June. Does anyone know anything about the Hotel Albatroz? Any other suggestions? Thanks
Old Oct 22nd, 2018, 08:21 AM

Read the reviews on Booking???
Old Oct 22nd, 2018, 04:03 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, I did look at them, they look great . I don't always trust the reviews on sites like that since I think people often go on to complain. That's why I tend to check things on this site!
Old Oct 22nd, 2018, 11:51 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
We had considered it but stayed put in Lusbon. We did go out to Caiscais so went to see this hoteland it was a very nice hotel. We would have been happy to stay there.
Old Oct 23rd, 2018, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by benmia
Thanks, I did look at them, they look great . I don't always trust the reviews on sites like that since I think people often go on to complain. That's why I tend to check things on this site!
Bookings reviews are of people who has actually stayed the accommodation.
It has come about recently that someone was recommending accommodation and restaurants from a visit of 15 years ago. (not Portugal) I hardly think that members recommendations are that accurate.
Reviews are reviews and those on Booking over two years old get removed.

Last edited by ribeirasacra; Oct 23rd, 2018 at 11:55 AM.
Old Oct 23rd, 2018, 12:10 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
>>Thanks, I did look at them, they look great . I don't always trust the reviews on sites like that since I think people often go on to complain.<<

Ditto what ribeirasacra said. Booking's reviews are ONLY from people who have actually stayed and are solicited by Booking after the visit is over. TA on the other hand - anyone can post, including employees and competitors.

And as he said, Some on here post about places they visited 15 or 20 (or more) years ago. As long as you know the posters and know which ones are blowing smoke, yes, Fodorites can be a great resource. But ya gotta know the players . . .
Old Oct 24th, 2018, 03:44 AM

Yes, I've been there - it was a popular haunt of Irish holidaymakers during the Celtic Tiger so it's about 10 years since I was there but know many people who have been time and time again. It's a high end property, very well located for beach access, lovely views from the bar, great local restaurants in Cascais coupled with easy transfers into Lisbon and Sintra - we did not have a car when we stayed there but we did tons of sightseeing using the train. I enjoyed the stay and the only item that would put me off returning is the high price.
Old Oct 24th, 2018, 10:55 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. We have booked this hotel. Will let you know in June!!