Reload this Page >

Cafe suggestions near Millesime Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 03:01 PM
Gretchen

Looking for some good cafe suggestions around the Millesime Hotel. Somewhere a solo traveler would feel comfortable.

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 03:13 PM
kate

The Cafe Deux Magots is about a block away,so is the de Flore.There is a small cafe on the corner of rue Jacob and rue Benoit I believe also, I don't remember the name,but they make excellent omelets and I often see ladies having lunch or just tea alone.<BR>It is a nice neighborhood to wander and not feel awkward or nervous about being alone.

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 03:24 PM
andi

I stayed just down the block from the Millesime. The Flore and Deux Magots are great for people-watching, had a really bad omelet at one, don't think they're known for the food. A great restaurant in the area is a place called La Locanda and yes, it's Italian,but the food is terrific and the owner was really friend and nice and speaks excellent English. It's on Rue de Dragon, on the other side of Blvd. St. Germain. By the way, I'm insanely jealous that your trip is ahead of you and mine's behind me.

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 07:43 PM
sylvie

Gretchen just returned. Paul's, upscale patisserie, (tea room style) is near one of the corners, perhaps Rue Bonaparte? Don't miss a stroll on the L'Ilse St Louis, several cafes looked welcoming along with casual quartet on the bridge. Personally I would skip, Cafe Lipp on Saint Germain just too crowded and hot, granted it was Sunday night. <BR>Dining early was a good idea in general, a little less crowded. S

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 05:01 PM
Gretchen

Thank you for the suggestions ! Any other good places to eat in the immediate area ?