Caesar Augustus -- Anacapri

Aug 17th, 2004, 05:06 PM
awbaker

Caesar Augustus -- Anacapri

We are staying here next week. We booked it after glowing reviews here & on tripadvisor. Now I've read some not so great reviews on tripadvisor. Have any of you stayed here this year, and what was your experience? I don't think we can change our reservation at this late date, but I just want to know what I can expect.

Aug 17th, 2004, 06:15 PM

Europhile in this thread

http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessa...2&tid=34521939

stayed there in July.
Aug 18th, 2004, 07:39 AM
GAC

I think that the trick is to get one of their refurbished rooms (which cost much more).
Aug 18th, 2004, 02:46 PM

Hi awbaker,

We stayed there in April, in a waterview room. We absolutely loved it. It was definitely the most memorable hotel I've ever stayed at! The room was not massive in size, but it was very well-appointed, down to the comfy slippers provided. We had a balcony with deck chairs, and a view to die for. My only complaint about the rooms might be the beds - for such a grand hotel, the bed was not as comfortable or luxurious as I had hoped, but it certainly was not shabby, either. Other than this, the staff was wonderful, the poolside great, the food excellent, the atmosphere - perfect! I would go back in a heartbeat, and I hope you have a similar experience.
Aug 19th, 2004, 02:17 AM
awbaker

Thanks, happy. Hopefully we'll be as "happy" as you were at CA!

GAC, we booked a junior suite, but I don't know if this is a "refurbished" room. Are you saying that some of the rooms outdated decor? The negative reviews I read were mostly regarding the service (mainly the front desk -- a man named Franco), the food, and the lack of shuttle service to Capri town. We leave tomorrow, so I guess I'll just have to see what we get!

Aug 19th, 2004, 06:58 AM
GAC

About two years ago, I read reviews that some of the unrefurbished rooms were rather undesirable. Perhaps by now virtually all the rooms have been upgraded (and increased in price!)

Search this Thread