Search

Caesar Augustus

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2005, 12:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caesar Augustus

I'm traveling to Caesar Augustus for my honeymoom next week. I've been reading some pretty bad reviews on tripadvisor this year. Has anybody had any good or bad experiences that they could share?
Old Aug 22nd, 2005, 01:41 PM

Assuming you don't mean the body of the long dead ruler of the Roman Empire, where and/or what is Caesar Augustus?
Old Aug 22nd, 2005, 02:19 PM

Be careful. Every time that damned Caesar Augustus sends out one of those tax decrees, it's impossible to find room in an inn.
Old Aug 22nd, 2005, 02:59 PM

Too bad about the poor reviews. I was there in 2002 and its one of my favorite hotels in Italy.

I have stayed in some of the best, just to give a comparison, Hassler in Rome, Locando Oreseolo in Venice, Palazzo Sasso in Ravello and Caesar Augustus is up there.

The views are gorgeous, rooms are good size, not small and the restaurant is excellent. We only had lunch there and they made the best eggplant parmasean. I can still taste it today.

I hope your stay there is a good as mine.

Gail

Old Aug 22nd, 2005, 03:05 PM

Wow, I needed a really good laugh today and this small thread just did the trick!!!
Old Aug 22nd, 2005, 03:13 PM

And you know what? When you go back and read it again, and then again, it continues to make you laugh....

Anyway, it all makes a bit more sense to me now. honeymoontravel posted a year ago about a honeymoon in Capri. In Anacapri there is the Caesar Augustus Hotel, and lo and behold, on TripAdvisor there are some negative reviews. Here they are:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._Campania.html

I know nothing of this hotel,honeymoontravel, but obviously you are nervous about your upcoming honeymoon, which is understandable.

My experience with TripAdvisor is that I read all the reviews and hope they average out. In this case, I see two bad ones and lots of solid ones. I have enjoyed many a great stay at places that have very mixed reviews, so sometimes you just have to hope that the majority rules.

Have a great honeymoon.

Rufus and Patrick, you gave me a good belly laugh.
Old Aug 22nd, 2005, 03:22 PM

Hey faredolce, I needed a good laugh too! Love our "funny guys". Great sense of humor!
Old Aug 22nd, 2005, 03:37 PM

Hi LoveItaly! I'm still laughing at this one. I have to bookmark it for those oh-so-blue days.

I just feel badly that this poor honeymooner is not getting feedback! Honeymoontravel, I'm sorry!

C'mon now, someone must have had some experience at the Caesar Augustus Hotel in Anacapri....
Old Aug 22nd, 2005, 04:38 PM

My wife and I spent 4 nights at Caesar Augustus last September. The hotel is truly wonderful and the staff even more so. There are two brothers that run a lot of the operations there. Just great warm people. They upgraded our room to a suite for 25euro extra because it was available. The grounds and pool area beautiful. You cannot beat the view. We were not sure we wanted to stay there due to the fact that it's in Ana Capri. But it's so easy to get to Capri and the ride is fun. You are also away from the crowds. We went to town at all times of the day and night. It's a great place to vacation and you'll enjoy don't worry! Are you going to Positano after or Before I highly recommend Polazzo Murat another wonderful hotel.
Old Aug 23rd, 2005, 05:30 AM

As mentioned in a previous response above: I can second the fabulous view, great service and excellent eggplant dishes. Enjoy your honeymoon and make sure to visit the villas as well as walk the island.