Cadiz/Seville question

Search

Cadiz/Seville question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2004, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cadiz/Seville question

I'll be on a ship that docks in Cadiz for one afternoon and the next day. The ship offers tours into Seville, which I understand is about 1 1/2 hours away. I definately want to spend 1 day in Seville, but the ship tours are so expensive. Is there easy public transportation from Cadiz to Seville? Is there good public transportation in Seville? And what are the highlights to see and do in Cadiz for an afternoon/evening?
Old Mar 8th, 2004, 07:51 AM

Cadiz-Sevilla is easy by train or bus. The centre of Sevilla is compact and best explored on foot, but there are good city bus services. The railway station is outside the centre, but it's easy to get a bus into the city.
Old Mar 8th, 2004, 07:55 AM
TeeGirl

There is a train that runs from Cadiz to Seville. Seville has great public transportation. I lived there for 6 months and I would highly recommend spending as many hours as possible there! The cathedral is the third largest in the world, and there are plenty of other sites. But best thing to do is hang with the locals sipping a tinto de verano!

Old Mar 10th, 2004, 06:43 AM
TeeGirl

Here is some more info on Seville...

ok-about seville-- authentic flamenco la carboneria (wed. nights in think?) in the " barrio santa cruz" section which has a ton of cool little bars but be careful of pickpockets.ask a taxi to take you there... you WILL get lost walking around the "barrios" there's the "cool" sections for bars in the evening is the center of town, try the ones around Plaza Nueva P.S. if you want to hang w/ the locals, don't wear sneakers and dress up!!!! HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Mar 10th, 2004, 07:24 AM

The local newspaper has lists of bus, train and boat services from Cadiz - see
http://www.diariodecadiz.com/transpo..._autobuses.htm