Reload this Page >

Cabarets in Paris France

Search

Cabarets in Paris France

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Betty

Cabarets in Paris France

What is the best (for the money) cabaret and show in Paris? I don't want to spend a lot of money.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 02:45 PM
Jade

Hi Betty:<BR>I have not personally been to the Lido, but have heard that this is the one to go to. Whatever you do though, I don't recommend that you go to the Moulin Rouge - it is not what it used to be and is terrible! I'm sure you can find much better.<BR>Regards,<BR>Jade

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 04:49 AM
Betty

Yes, I heard the very same thing about the Lido and Moulin Rouge. Thanks for the imput, Jade.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 01:19 PM
Nancy

We're thinking about the Lido. Does anyone have any comments about it? Have 4 nights in Paris.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 06:40 PM
geiffel

Several years ago my husband and I went to a show at The Lido (we were in Paris for 6 weeks, this is the only reason we went); and it was a collosal waste of money. <BR>

Old May 2nd, 2002, 06:51 PM
Sally B.

How about the Kit Kat Club. Oh no, wait, that was Berlin. In the 1940s. So hard to tell the difference these days.<BR>

Old May 2nd, 2002, 07:13 PM
Mary

From what I've heard they are mostly just tourist traps these days- filled up with busloads of tour groups. I went to the Folies Bergere in the early 1950's, and it was beautiful. I was a teenager and a little embarassed, but still quite impressed. Don't know if they still have the Folies Bergere show anymore, but it was "the" show back then!

Old May 4th, 2002, 09:59 AM
carmenr

My husband and I attended a show @ the Lido a month ago. It was not cheap, (90 Euros each for 10pm show without dinner, just champagne). It was very well done. Our only complaint is we have been to many shows in Las Vegas and this was just like any one of them. I would have hoped to see more French acts but it was 75% American acts.

Old May 4th, 2002, 11:08 AM
Betty

Is the Paradis Latin any better?