Reload this Page >

France & Paris newsletters

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2002, 01:09 PM
Mike

All,<BR><BR>I would be interested in your inputs on any France and/or Paris newsletters and magazines that you may subscribe to. I have been receiving "My Mercerdi" by David Applefiled, which is a free weekly e-mail. He is now pushing "The Paris Key Club" which is a monthly subscription newsletter, which also seems to grant access to accomodations, but seems more geared to "commercial" purposes. Any comments on it would be appreciated.<BR><BR>My question is: where do all of you get your information from (apart from Fodor's of course!) I already browse N.G. Traveller, Conde Nast..<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>Mike

Old May 27th, 2002, 01:30 PM
loveparis

Try "www.parisinsites.com" - it's a great newsletter.

Old May 27th, 2002, 01:31 PM
metropole

Have a look at Metropole Paris.<BR>Non commercial weekly online magazine.<BR>http://www.metropoleparis.com<BR>They organize weekly get togethers.<BR>

Old May 27th, 2002, 02:54 PM
Barb

Try bonjourparis.com

Old May 27th, 2002, 11:45 PM
Ursula

Another vote for Bonjour Paris.

Old May 28th, 2002, 01:03 AM
JOdy

And another for www.bonjourparis.com

Old May 28th, 2002, 09:33 PM
Daphne

Another vote for Ric and his wonderful articles on Paris at metropoleparis.com. It was fun to meet him when we were there.

Old May 28th, 2002, 10:12 PM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>Here is a French newspaper , in English. <BR>It is aimed at ex pats and visitors.<BR>You can read it on the net, or subscribe.<BR><BR>http://www.french-news.com<BR><BR>It also has sections with essential data on passports, driving licenses, insurance etc.<BR><BR>Peter<BR>

Old May 29th, 2002, 05:43 AM
Pete

tttt

Old May 29th, 2002, 06:20 AM
francesca

I get one called Parler Paris. I don't like it much but maybe that's because it is geared more to visitors than towards residents. You can subscribe by contacting [email protected]

Old May 30th, 2002, 07:27 AM
Christina

All of the ones I get/read are listed above, it seems--parisinsites, metropoleparis (my favorite), bonjourparis. I also get a print subscription to a Paris newsletter called Paris Notes, but it's not cheap and I'm not sure worth it (definitely not for more casual viewers).<BR><BR>Sometimes I peruse the Journal Francais (American French newspaper), but a lot of what I read is just free online and regular news media. I get Yahoo French news through page preference setups and can read Le Monde or Le Figaro. I get that Applefield newsletter but haven't been reading it lately so guess I missed that Key Club thing. I don't read Bonjourparis that often, either, I'll admit.