Search

Business class

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2003, 07:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Business class

My wife and I, along with my sister and her husband, are traveling to the UK next month on United. We are going for our 20th anniversary. My sister redeemed a ton on frequent flyer miles and got all four of us business class seats.<BR><BR>I've only flown coach to Europe before. Can anyone tell me what to expect in business class on United? Is it similar to first class? Is it better than coach? <BR><BR>Thank you for your answers
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 07:33 AM

I have not flown business class on United but I have on other airlines.<BR>To me, business class on a trans Atlantic flight is better than first class on a domestic flight. I could not be more satisfied with the extra expense.
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 07:55 AM

I have also not done Business class on United, but in general, &quot;what to expect&quot; is wider, more comfortable seats in a roomier configuration. Fewer passengers per flight attendant so better service. Better (than coach) food. It is DEFINITELY better than coach but not quite as &quot;exclusive&quot; as first. You'll love it!
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 08:06 AM

The seats quality varies from plane models to models as well as the location on the plane.<BR><BR>You need to get EXACT model of the plane (knowing that UA can change the model at any time...) and look up your seat in:<BR><BR>http://www.seatguru.com/<BR><BR>United is one of the extensively documented carrier.<BR><BR>To match the plane model, you need to use a web site that displays the plane model AND the seating diagram and match the seating diagram against what you see in the seatguru web site.
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 08:34 AM
DB

It is less a matter of which carrier you are using, than which plane they are using. But generally, you can expect a larger seat that reclines much further with great leg room and more than likely has a footrest (like a recliner). Also little extras like footwarmers/slippers (remove your shoes and enjoy), headset (no extra cost) and personal movie screen, along with perpetual care (ask for a drink, or something to eat -- no problem).<BR>
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 09:32 AM

whereas service on united airlines in coach can be impersonal, business clas is comfortable with large reclining seats, good video systems, helpful flight attendants and a pretty good meal with decent wine and all the liquor you would like.there are various benefits on departure and arrival like use of the red carpet lounges (freshen up, have a free snack and relax before departure and on arrival), express customs and immigrations lines on arrival, quick check in, extra luggage checking, etc. you should also give united a call to inquire or go to uniteds websight homepage and click on &quot;Classes of Service&quot; and &quot;Red Carpet Club&quot; for details.
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 09:36 AM

The bottom line is that you will never want to fly coach again, on a transatlantic or transpacific trip.
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 07:25 PM

RichardAb provides great detail and Steve sums it up quickly. Better service, more room, and you'll hate to fly coach ever again! Enjoy your trip. Business class will be a treat!
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 02:17 PM

My husband and I flew business class to Italy last year via Lufthansa (with our United miles). It was great. Wonderful food, nice sized seats, etc. We will be flying business class to London on United in May (again with our ff miles). Once you fly business class, you won't want to travel any other way!
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 06:39 PM

Old French proverb: &quot;Sans l&quot;Argent on ne fait pas la Musique!!( Without money we cant play Music)...<BR>My dream is to go First class when I travel but Unfortunately I just have champagne taste with beer pocket money!!!<BR>
Old Apr 21st, 2003, 06:27 AM

I flew business class on United last year to London, and was very happy with it. The seats folded down nearly level, and I had no trouble sleeping, even though the seats behind us contained a baby and a toddler. Service was good, and the food wasn't too bad.<BR><BR>It was also great to be able to use the lounge at the airport.<BR><BR>But it's so hard to go back to coach! Seinfeld was right.
Old Apr 21st, 2003, 07:05 AM
lynlor

Another vote for business class whenever possible.