Bus Turistic in Barcelona

Jan 17th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Original Poster

Bus Turistic in Barcelona

We have one day in Barcelona before our Mediterranean cruise. We are planning our day on another thread and have received some great advice, but I thought I'd start a new thread with specific questions on the Bus Turistic.

Firstly, where do we buy our tickets? Do all the stops sell them?

Secondly, do you suggest doing the blue line or red line first? We are staying within walking distance to Estació de Sants, which is on the red line. However, we could walk up to the Francesc Macià-Diagonal and start on the blue line if this is more advisable.

Due to the fact that we only have one day, we will not be entering the cathedrals and museums. We would like to explore Park Guell (blue line) though. Is it best to do so in the AM or after lunch?

We also plan to get off the red line at Port Vell and explore Beach Barceloneta, walk through the Ramblas, and check out the Gothic Quarter.

We'd like to check out the Magic Fountains but we are not in town on a day where there will be a show.

Any advice on the Bus Turistic would be wonderful! This site is such an amazing resource.
Jan 17th, 2011, 09:15 PM

Hi

If you click on your name you will find your previous post on the subject
Jan 17th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Original Poster

Yes, I know. I am just trying to find additional info on the bus line, as mentioned at the top.
Jan 18th, 2011, 05:49 AM

You can buy tickets on the Bus Turistic after getting on at any stop.
Jan 18th, 2011, 06:10 AM

This is obviously a personal observation but we found the red line a touch boring between Placa de Catalunya and Placa d"Espanya. You are staying between those two stops so it might work out well for you.
Jan 18th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Original Poster

Nikki - Thank you! On the website, it made it sound like we needed to purchase them online and then go to their head office to retrieve them.

colduphere - Thanks for the warning! If we do the red line first, we plan to switch to the blue line at Placa de Catalunya.
Jan 19th, 2011, 11:47 AM

I felt like we wasted a lot of time on the Bus. After cruising through the Modernisme neighborhoods and listening to the audio guide we were stuck for what seemed like forever driving through boring parts of town out near the football stadium. I don't think Parc Guell matters for am or afternoon unless you're there in the summer, it can be too hot there in the afternoon.