Bus Tour/Ireland

Search

Bus Tour/Ireland

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bus Tour/Ireland

We are planning on taking a bus tour of Ireland next year. There are a large number of tour operators out there -- Globus, trafalger, Tauck, C.I.E., etc. and would appreciate any experiences you may have had with these, or other Tour Companies. We have used Tauck in the past (Great), but VERY expensive. Thoughts?
Old Dec 16th, 2006, 02:07 PM

For what it's worth, here in Cork we see a larger number of Globus and Trafalgar buses than CIE, and I'm sure that the latter covers the standard tourist route. Real Ireland is often in the strangest places, so look for an operator that doesn't travel the main N roads, if you can help it.
Old Dec 16th, 2006, 03:39 PM

My husband and I and my SIL and her husband went to Ireland with Globus in 2001. Had a great time and used Globus again in England in 2004. I have not hesitated to recommend them to friends and acquaintances. (This was all before I discovered Fodor's of course!)
Old Dec 16th, 2006, 04:31 PM

Tauck is more expensive for a reason - better, more cenrally located hotels, much better food with a lot of choices and more included activites (versus "extras that you have to pay for).

Suggest you do a comparison of the hotels listed for each tour, as well as look as what's included versus what you have to pay for separately. Also, what are your standards for food? Are you just eating to stoke the engine or looking for a more upscale dining experience?
Old Dec 17th, 2006, 06:17 PM

I took a Globus trip to Ireland and liked it very much. The itinerary was very good and our tour guide was excellent. I would also check out Grand European Tours - www.getours.com.
Old Dec 18th, 2006, 03:57 AM

Did a CIE tour 2 years ago. Very pleased and would travel with them again.