Bus From Rome to Umbertide

Old Jun 9th, 2006, 07:18 AM
Original Poster

Bus From Rome to Umbertide

Good day: can anyone advise if there is a regular bus service from Rome to Umbertide?

Thank you for any assistance you give.

kindest regards
cdillon
Old Jun 9th, 2006, 08:36 AM

Quite frankly, I doubt it. I checked out two bus lines, SENA and Sulga, that do Rome-Umbria, and neither of them does it.

You can do it by train. Check it out at www.trenitalia.com.

The fact that you always have to change trains at Perugia Ponte San Giovanni and that you cannot buy a ticket from Trenitalia leads me to suspect that the last lap has to be done with the little local Umbrian train line, Ferrovia Centrale Umbra.

Old Jun 9th, 2006, 08:39 AM

There is a bus that goes from Citta del Castello to Umbertide. The quickest way might be to take the train from Rome to Arezzo and the bus from Arezzo to CdiC and then change to the local bus to Umbertide.
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 06:30 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for this information. Disregard my most recent inquiry as I have just figured out how to find my answers.

Thanks again.
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 07:05 AM

Umbertide actually is on the FS network, not FCU, Eloise - so the most convenient way would be train via Perugia, I think - to avoid any lengthy bus waits.

Trenitalia lists minimum journey time at a bit over 3 hrs from Roma Termini, with changes at FOLIGNO and PERUGIA Ponte S. Giovanni.

For timetables see:

www.trenitalia.com

Hope this helps ...

Steve
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 07:17 AM

Steve,

Just because trenitalia.com has Umbertide in its database does not necessarily mean it is on an FS line.

Put in Ponte Pattoli as destination at trenitalia.com and it will give you a complete schedule. I know from bitter experience that you cannot even buy a ticket from Perugia Ponte San Giovanni to Ponte Pattoli from FS and that you most definitely have to take the FCU.

I did not say that I was certain that Umbertide is on the FCU but that it seems likely that it is.
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 01:22 AM

Eloise - My apologies - you're right

Steve