Search

Bus from Gare Saint Lazarre to 6th arrondissement

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2019, 01:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bus from Gare Saint Lazarre to 6th arrondissement

Morning All,

We'll arrive in Paris (from Caen) at Gare Saint Lazarre, and need to go to our hotel in St Germain. In my opinion, the bus option would be the better option, as there seems to be a bus going there directly and we can see a bit of Paris by using this means of transport.

When I look at the bus map, it seems like there is a few buses departing from close by, but with my questionable Google maps skills, I can't see a terminus.

How far are the buses from the train station; can we walk there with our luggage? Using the metro is an option, but it looks like we'll have to change trains. Would you agree with our train of thought (pun intended)?
Old Jun 21st, 2019, 01:56 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Buses numbered in the 20s all start from Saint Lazare, just across from the Cour de Rome facing the station.
Old Jun 21st, 2019, 08:57 AM

The only bus possible that goes close to St Germain as far as I can see is bus 27. It goes up bd St Michel to Luxembourg Gardens stop then goes east on rue Gay Lussac (into the 5th arr) and much farther.

this is its map
https://www.ratp.fr/plans-lignes/busratp/27

None of the other buses go anywhere near St Germain as far as I can see, that leave from St Lazare.
Old Jun 21st, 2019, 09:15 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Kerouac and Christina, appreciate the information. I also had bus 27 as a direct one and it stops close to our hotel.
Old Jun 21st, 2019, 12:56 PM

That's very convenient then, I'd definitely do that. I've taken a bus from over that way to my hotel in the 14th several times, it's pretty easy but I always aim for mid-day when the bus isn't so crowded. Some buses are so crowded during rush hour that people can barely get on FYI. When you get on, aim for the center of the bus where there is an open area (women with strollers use it, for one thing) to have room for your luggage.
Old Jun 21st, 2019, 08:31 PM

You don't have to worry about the bus being crowded because it starts from Saint Lazare -- it will be completely empty when you board it.

Women with strollers, Christina? Are men not allowed to use strollers?
Old Jun 22nd, 2019, 07:36 AM
Original Poster

Great advice, thank you.
Old Jun 22nd, 2019, 11:18 AM

yes, I forget it would be starting there.

Men are allowed, kerouac, but I personally have only seen women doing it, that's all, that's just why that came to mind. I said what I saw, why make such a big deal out of it, I never said men weren't allowed to.
Old Jun 22nd, 2019, 11:40 AM

Not a big deal, but as a resident, I see plenty of men with strollers, even if they are not the majority. It's just that every banal outdated statement does not help the world to progress in the right direction.