Budget Hotel in Florence

Search

Budget Hotel in Florence

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2007, 05:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Budget Hotel in Florence

Can anyone recommend a clean and central budget hotel in Florence?
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 08:01 AM

We stayed at the Hotel Cestelli, located just two blocks from the Ponte Vecchio. It was super clean, comfortable and the owners, a young couple were friendly and very helpful. We paid 80 euros for a double with ensuite bath in Sept. 2005. Breakfast was not included but there were many places around the hotel where we got our coffee and cornetto for just a couple euro.
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 08:06 AM
MaureenB

From my May 2006 trip report:
"We took a short cab ride to the Relais Cavalcanti. a very charming little 'hotel', at Via Pellicceria, 2. It occupies one floor of a building located near the Uffizi gallery, in a very good central location. Because my daughter had just finished her semester in Florence, she was able to recommend her favorite location in town for lodging.

The Relais Cavalcanti building has been in the same family's ownership for 100+ years, the owner/manager of the new-ish Relais is Francesca. She said she inherited this one floor of the building, so she recently renovated it to create a little hotel. It's relatively new, with beautiful tile bathrooms, showers, etc. The rooms are very charming, and good-sized.

Our rate for a double/twin was 120EUR, which included an extra 10EUR/day for the better view. Francesca also offered a 5 percent discount for payment in cash.

You have the feeling of entering a very nice, private Italian home, when you unlock the Relais door and smell the potpourri set out on the beautiful tables in the hallway and entry way. It has a small elevator and a/c, too. No breakfast is served, but even better I think is that they have a beautiful little dining room/kitchen that is open 24/7 for guests. You have always available the makings for coffee, hot chocolate and tea, plus containers of pre-wrapped pastries and dessert cakes. That's about as much as you get in any Italian B&B for breakfast, and this way you can serve yourself whenever. One evening we bought wine, cheese, bread, and fruit and enjoyed our own private time in this beautiful room.

The only thing to be aware of at Relais Cavalcanti is that the first floor of the building is the Old Stove Irish pub. The good news is that it's a decent little place for panini, and has free wi-fi. However, it attracts a lot of students and young people, so it is quite noisy into the early morning hours. Our room window was directly above the pub's patio, with a nice view of adjoining rooftops. The double windows, plus the wooden shutters, can block out about 90 percent of the noise from the pub below. I found that I could also turn on the a/c fan in our room, which would then totally cover any outside noise.

Francesca also cautions her prospective guests that she does not staff a 24/7 front desk. She is there during posted hours, mostly till 6 p.m., and has an emergency number on the door. But she is careful to tell guests that hers is not a hotel with full-services at night-time. I highly recommend the Relais Cavalcanti."
>-

Old Jan 26th, 2007, 09:44 AM

Jensters,
two years ago we stayed at Hotel Desiree is located near the train station.
The price was Super, the people were friendly, most of all the place was spotless.
Here is thttp://www.florence.ala.it/desiree/he web:
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 09:45 AM

Guest House Porcellino is a great spot for not a lot of money.
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 09:49 AM

The web site that I gave you is not working, try this site it will give you an idea about the place..
http://www.ahotelinitaly.com/hotel-desiree-florence/
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 11:31 AM

Second vote for Hotel Desire. Website is www.florence.ala.it/desiree/. I just tried it and it worked for me. It's also on several booking sites. I actually found a cheaper price on a booking site than the hotel's own site. I then emailed the hotel directly and asked for that rate and got it. Would definitly stay there again.
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 11:44 AM
bjl

Have you considered staying at a convent? Check out the book Bed and Blessings for a list of places and telephone numbers.
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 11:48 AM

Don't know what "budget" means to you. We stayed in August at The Tourist House Ghiberti , a very modern B&B for approx. 90 Euros w/ breakfast. It had A/C, computer and access to internet in the room. It is very well situated, behind the Duomo. I think for stays of 4 days and more they offer further discounts.

www.touristhouseghiberti.com
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 11:57 AM

Alloro B&B is highly rated on tripadvisor and we're staying there.

www.allorobb.it
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 12:11 PM
hdm

We were pleased with the Hotel Globus but I'm not sure if it's within your budget.
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 05:05 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone - I've got lots of ideas now and will have to try to make up my mind!

Jensters
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 07:23 AM
ira

Hi J,

We very much liked our stay at www.bedinflorence.it

Old Jan 27th, 2007, 07:37 AM

hotel caravaggio - easy walk from the train station, and most reasonably priced 3* hotel in Florence.

Go to trip advisor for the least expensive rates!
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 02:41 PM

We have stayed several places, and never pay too much.

Hotel Abaco http://www.abaco-hotel.it/
Hotel Firenze http://www.guestinitaly.com/hotels/florence/f006.htm
Soggiorno Alessandra http://www.soggiornoalessandra.it/en/default.asp

And I would recommend you check out:
San Frediano Mansion http://www.sanfredianomansion.com/eng/home_eng.htm