Budget Hotel Dubrovnik?

Search

Budget Hotel Dubrovnik?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2005, 05:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Budget Hotel Dubrovnik?

Hello! Can anyone recommend a 3 star hotel in Dubrovnik? We will be visiting for 4 days in September and will have a car so need a hotel with parking. Our Australian dollar is not very good value in Europe so can't afford to stay at the Argentina which so many people mention.

Would air conditioning be needed in late September?

We have been looking so far at the Vis Hotel and the Splendid and also the Grand Hotel Park. Has anyone got any advice as to whether these hotels are Ok?

We also thought of staying in an apartment. Mlini out of Dubrovnik seems to have quite a number and the Villa Palma looks nice. Does anyone have any info on this type of accommodation?

We don't really want to have to search for accommodation on arrival as it takes too much time.

Any advice would be welcome.
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 01:59 AM
Original Poster

Just bumping this up the list - do hope someone can help with this query.
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 04:06 AM

I stayed at the hotel Vis last September. I hadn't planned to, but ended up having to spend one night there before moving into my soba accommodation. It cost me 100 euro for the 6 hours that I was there. I wasn't impressed with the hotel - it was old, drab and tired looking and the breakfast buffet wasn't anything to write home about in comparison to what other hotels seemed to offer - but it does have a beautiful hillside location with sweeping views of the bay and its own beach below.

Living just outside the Old town with a window facing the Adriatic, I didn't need air conditioning in September.

Can't help you with the apartment situation but I do know from meeting others while in Dubrovnik that it is a popular alternative. My cab driver, who spoke fluent English even had one to rent in the Old town that he offered to show me but I didn't have teh time and was already committed to private accommodation. Try contacting an Atlas office in Dubrovnik (google search, there are several but any will do) for more choices. They often have reliable personal contacts.
Old Mar 23rd, 2005, 12:13 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for that info Mathieu - very helpful indeed. I will certainly have a look at the Atlas site.

Isn't it funny how nice some hotels can look on their website and then be totally disappointing?
Old Mar 23rd, 2005, 05:18 AM
Original Poster

tt