Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Brussels,transportation from,to airport.

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2004, 12:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WE WILL BE IN BRUSSELS IN JUNE,I CANNOT SEEM TO LOCATE SHUTTLES THAT TRANSPORT FROM AND TO AIRPORT..WE WILL STAYING AT HOTEL LA PLAZA.AS I ONLY SPEAK ENGLISH, AND WE ARE 70 AND 80 YRS, WE WOULD RATHER NOT TAKE TRAINS.ARE TAXIS VERY EXPENSIVE? THANKS FOR ANY HELP
BETTY
Old May 28th, 2004, 01:28 AM

Taxis are between €25 and €30 from the centre of the town
Old May 28th, 2004, 01:42 AM

In addition to what Sheila said, you have basically three ways to get to/from the airport and Brussels (if you don't have your own car): the trains, the #12 airport express bus, which runs from the Schuman metro stop (cost: 3 euros), and taxis. I think you should definitely go with the taxi option.
Old May 28th, 2004, 03:47 AM

Hello Betty --

In addition to the methods that other posters have mentioned, you can also contact the hotel directly to arrange for car service between the airport and the hotel. This is almost always more expensive than a taxi, but it can be very convenient: typically, the driver is waiting for just as you exit from customs, and you don't have to worry about bags or anything else.

If you do take a taxi, I would suggest writing down the name and address of the hotel. Your hotel has a name that can be confused with other hotel names in Brussels (for example, the Crowne Plaza, which is a different hotel), and you might not be able to communicate freely with the taxi driver (who is likely to have a very, very limited knowledge of English). Best to show him a piece of paper with the information.
Old May 28th, 2004, 10:17 PM
Original Poster

THANK YOU ALL, I HAVE PRINTED OUT MAP AND NAME OF HOTEL. IF WE DECIDE TO GO TAXI ROUTE.I MAY JUST GIVE HOTEL
A CALL OR FAX ABOUT CAR. THANKS AGAIN.
BETTY