British Midland (BMI) Airbus 300 and Embraer Jet

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2003, 07:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm booked to fly these jets Chicago-Manchester-Edinburgh. I'm curious how the cattle car sections fare in traveler's opinions.

Any comments on how they compare in leg and butt room to other carriers?

~ Sheryl
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 07:49 PM
Original Poster

Guess it would help if I got the Airbus right. It's a 330. My apologies for posting too late at night!

~ Sheryl
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 11:44 PM
Bootman4U

It would be helpful to know which airline you are using since seat configurations can vary depending on which company is using the particular equipment. You already know you won't have as much room as in First Class so why start suffering already when the posts start rolling in and it's too late to change your mind?

Old Apr 26th, 2003, 03:40 AM

Embraer is a small aircraft, often used in the States for commuter lines. Seating around 50, its narrow fuselage has 2-aisle-1 configuration. Leg room is pretty tight. But you'll only be in the air for about an hour.
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 08:38 PM
Original Poster

Bootman - British Midland BMI (post title). Just a small glimmer of hope someone would say, "Oh Sheryl - you made a terrific choice. BMI 330's are fantastic back in the cattle car section. The seats fully recline and there are flat screen tvs on the ceiling. They serve wine older than the flight attendants and provide free massages after dinner." Apparently I'm hoping in vain that I don't need my knee pads and ear plugs. *chuckle*

Alec - Thanks for the information. As you said, it's only an hour. I'm a tough old broad. Have you had any problems with these flights wanting you to check all luggage through?

~ Sheryl
Old Apr 27th, 2003, 12:01 AM
Bootman4U

You know, SAheryl..you are so right..and the one thing we REALLY needed to know to answer your question was how fat your butt really is.

Old Apr 27th, 2003, 05:52 AM

I haven't taken those flights. As I live in Manchester I know the airport well. You should be able to through check to Edinburgh, but you'll have to go through immigration at Manchester and transfer from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 Domestic (housed on the side of same building) - about 5 min.
Old Apr 27th, 2003, 08:51 AM

Sheryl,

I have no clue what Bootman has against you...

Anyway, have flown the A330 (on Swissair/Swiss) quite often and while it isn't especially roomy in coach, it should have individual seatback TVs, if that's any consolation.

Haven't flown the Embraer rgional jets yet, but think they're quite similar to Canadair Regional Jets (CRJ), in case you ever flew on one of those. Not much room, but it's a short flight anyway.

Hope this helps and/or someone can give you some BMI-specific advice.

Andre
Old Apr 27th, 2003, 09:13 AM
Original Poster

Alec: Again, thanks for the information. I jotted the terminal information down in my travel journal. The map of the terminal indicates it's easy to navigate but it's nice to have a bit of information ahead of time. Thank you ;o)

Andre: Apparently I am daft. I took it as tongue in cheek (every pun intended). I read the BMI site and found the seatback information. While I'm not an avid screen watcher, it will be a nice diversion if sleep alludes me. I know some coach sections are tighter than others but it sounds by your post that the 330's aren't terribly bad. Thanks for the info ;o)

Bootman: At least two large handsfull. 'Nuff said.

~ Sheryl

Old Apr 27th, 2003, 11:05 AM

Me thinks Bootman thinks ~Sheryl runs a popular Website regarding Priceline, and was quite infamous in numerous newsgroups in years past.
Old Apr 27th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Original Poster

Lovejoy,

If he does, he has me completely mistaken for someone else. I'm a non-Priceline user (not willing to risk my money on something I don't want, i.e. red-eye flights or hotels room with a view of dumpster) and the only "group" I've ever managed is an Oldies Music group on Yahoo.

I'm just the typical lady from next door in Indiana who's very excited about her first trip to Scotland.

~ Sheryl
Old Apr 27th, 2003, 01:42 PM

My apologies red63.But you do have a tone, and name, similar to the other Sheryl.
Old Apr 27th, 2003, 01:46 PM
Original Poster

It's ok. Mistakes happen. I just hope others don't confuse me with her if she brings out that kind of reaction in people. lol

~ the OTHER Sheryl