Reload this Page >

BREAKFAST NEEDED IN LONDON!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 02:00 PM
JUDY

We are going to London next week and want to find some good places for breakfast while we are there. We are staying near Westminster, but would be willing to go where the food is good. Thanks!!!!

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 02:12 PM
xxx

We found b'fasts to be generally good. The other meals were not good.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 02:54 PM
xxx

<BR>Pret A Manger.. All over London!

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 03:56 PM
x

Richelieux - I think is the name of some restaurants in London that serve excellent breakfasts.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 07:49 PM
Andrea

Try Simpson's on the Strand for a classy British breakfast...not inexpensive though.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 12:08 AM
sylvia

Have a look at http://www.independent.co.uk/story.jsp?story=338601<BR><BR>It lists what it thinks are the 50 best places for breakfast in London

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 12:14 AM
egg

That Independent 50 best feature is very good.<BR>If you go to http://www.independent.co.uk/story.jsp?story=76572<BR><BR>You can also see a feature on lunches in London and another on snacks in London. Some bits might be out of date because places change, open and close etc. but it's a good place to start.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 02:40 AM
ttt

Topping

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 03:39 AM
Mike

What are you thinking? There are more Starbuck's there than in the US. Get a muffin and coffee to take away, find a bench and just sit back and relax!<BR><BR>I know that's not what you were looking for but I couldn't resist. My wife and I were laughing at how many Starubuck's there were...

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 04:01 AM
k

Hi,<BR><BR>If you go to www.squaremeal.co.uk and go to London restaurants, on the left side of the page (scroll down a little), it lists restaurants by categories, two of which are Best Breakfasts and Best Sunday Brunch. That should give you some ideas.<BR><BR>Happy travels,<BR>Karen

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 06:10 AM
Tom

There's a restaurant on the back side of Fortnum &amp; Mason facing Jermyn Street. Its moderately priced for the fancy location, and the breakfast menu is complete.