Reload this Page >

Bratislavia logding

Search

Bratislavia logding

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 09:02 AM
lynlor

Bratislavia logding

Would appreciate ANY personal info on Bratislavia lodging. ( Three star and above) Planning trip next Sept or October 2003.<BR>thanks<BR>lynlor

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 10:11 AM
Tim

lynlor,<BR><BR>I was in Bratislava a month ago, visiting the in-laws. <BR><BR>On my previous trip several years ago, I stayed at the Hotel Turist. It's not quite a three-star ($28 for a single), but it seemed OK to me (especially the huge, overhead shower). It's on the main drag about five minutes outside the Old Town; here is the link: http://www.turist.sk<BR><BR>If you've got the bucks or crowns, you might rather stay at the Forum or one of the big hotels right on the Danube.<BR><BR>TIP: If you're arriving by train at the Vienna Westbanhof, buy a ticket there for Vienna (Sudbanhof) to Bratislava Hl (main station), then go down the escalators and take the U=Bahn #3 (orange one) from Westbanhof to Summerlin (end of the line). You can catch the Bratislava trains upstairs at the Summerlin station, instead of going to the Vienna Sudbanhof.<BR><BR>

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 10:14 AM
kevin

Just spent a very enjoyable day in Bratislava in Spetember. The old town is very interesting and sort of untouristy compared to Prague, etc. I didn't stay overnight, but did have a terrific lunch - soup, large entre, desert, slovakian wine for $13.00! There is a SAS Radisson on the main square which I'm sure is expensive. I'm sure it is not hard to find an interesting hotel at a good price. And the Slovaks seem really happy that you are visiting...<BR>Enjoy

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 11:08 AM
lynlor

Thanks to all for your information.<BR><BR>My husband mentioned that he would like to go to Bratislavia ( I watch for clues from him for places to travel so I can get him to take a trip to Europe). Now I know why Bratislavia....It is the OPera House there. We are both lovers of classical music, but with him it is REAL LOVE.<BR>lynlor

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 11:41 AM
Tim

lynlor,<BR><BR>Never thought of it, but classical music is an excellent reason to visit Bratislava (even with Vienna next door). Concerts are frequent -- it's on many artists' Tour Calendar (Ivan Moravec was there when I was visiting), and the prices are quite low.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 05:05 PM
Tim

lynlor,<BR><BR>Kevin nailed it. Carlton Radisson.<BR><BR>http://www.radisson.com/bratislavasl<BR><BR>&quot;178 rooms facing the State Opera House...&quot;<BR><BR>I punched in December 9, and out came $120/night, or $150/night including Opera.<BR><BR>

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 06:04 AM
lynlor

Many thanks to you, Tim and Kevin. <BR><BR> I got a book yesterday at Borders just about the Czeck Republic and Slovakia. it is a good book but has very out dated websites. Lots of other very good info and I have found a web site for Sovakia and the Czech Republic but it is not written in English. I am trying to figure out what it says.<BR><BR>One thing leads to another and soon I should get all the information I need.