Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Borghese Reservations -- Getting Concerned

Apr 12th, 2007, 04:11 AM
Original Poster

Hi,

It is now April 12, and still no drop-down for May on the Borghese reservation page.

Does anyone know anything about this? Did they change site, systems, etc?

Has anyone been able to make reservation beyond April 30?

Thank you!
Apr 12th, 2007, 04:40 AM

Have you emailed them? Last year I was very concerned, because I wanted June 2, and it took half of May before June dropped down. They were able to tell me when the dates would come available.
Apr 12th, 2007, 05:20 AM

Celianne-I went to the Borghese a year ago in August, on a Sunday-probably one of the busiest days they have. I had no reservations, and all I had to do was wait around a half hour or so and I went in on the next opening.

In other words, I wouldn't worry too much about not having an advance reservation-if you want to go to the Borghese while you are in Rome, reservation or no, you will be able to do it. The Borghese is not the Uffizi.
Apr 12th, 2007, 05:47 AM

I HIGHLY recommend getting a reservation. You never know how crowded Rome is going to be. Granted we were there during holy week, but they were sold out until the Wednesday AFTER easter. There was a REALLY long line for people wanting tickets. Having a reservation guarantees your entry.

You def. want to see the gallery. My wife and I were amazed by the artistry within.

Just email them, I had the similar problem with my reservations (no drop down). I email them when I wanted to go and the time slot (just get that from the times that are there for April). I heard back only a few hours later. So if you email in the morning eastern time you should hear back by the same time the next day.
Apr 12th, 2007, 06:16 AM

I agree with caltobello: Make sure you reserve for the Borghese if you’re going in the spring or early summer. Maybe it is easier to get in during August, but I would think that would be because the prospect of intense heat that month would discourage many tourists from going to Rome in the first place.

Getting reservations online was a sluggish process for me last spring, but the process opened up in time, and the peace of mind was worth it. You’ll get in, Celiaanne.
Apr 12th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the replies. The reservation is for my husband, and he emailed a while ago but got no reply. We were going to fax, but then he decided to call. This is what they told him:

They do not know if they are going to be open on May 1 (since it is a holiday). April 30 (a Monday) is scheduled to be closed as usual, but this might change. In other words, their schedule is not made yet for May. They won't know until a week or so before May 1.

I was at the Borghese last fall, and it was VERY crowded. We had reservations, but I overheard a man trying to get in, saying he had called all day the day befoe to get a reservation, but he wasn't able to get through. They didn't budge: no tour for him!

Gypsygirl, I will pass your infomation along -- maybe he will be lucky too!

Thanks again to all.