Booking Zermatt accomm

Search

Booking Zermatt accomm

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2007, 05:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Booking Zermatt accomm

Hi, can anyone pls suggest some suitable accomm I might try for 1 week in Zermatt, from Dec 26 to Jan 1 (optimistic, I know!). Some very helpful Fodorites have convinced me Zermatt will offer just what we're looking for as a family in a snow experience - but never having even been to Europe before we are keen for some further advice. In Zermatt, if possible, we would like to be centrally located, located close to ski lifts - we are not skiers and plan to take lessons each day. I know beggars can't be choosers, and we should probably take anything we can get - but would be keen to follow up any suggestions. I am becoming more confused by the minute, so some accomm suggestions would be very very much appreciated! Price is not the major consideration - location more important! ANd of course availability!
Cheers
seasidesusi
Old Jun 17th, 2007, 05:12 AM

Good morning seasidesusi,

www.zermatt.ch (click on the British flag for English version), then follow the links for lodging. There is an online booking and availability option, plus maps.

However, I see a <font color="red"> red flag </font> in your itinerary. You may find it difficult to find a place that is not a Saturday to Saturday stay during that peak season.

Happy travels!
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 03:08 AM
Original Poster

Thank you kopp for your advice! I have another question - naively I just assumed there would be snow all over the place in December/January - now I've researched a bit more and learnt that it might be too risky to plan to ski in Zermatt at end December for a week - snow might not be great! Help!! We have set our hearts on a European snow week long holiday (we've extended our original plans - now a week, Sat-Sat at a resort). Any suggestions of where else I could go, whatever country in Europe to be virtually guaranteed of snow? We need to book from Australia so I don't want to make a huge mistake!
Any further advice very very welcome.
Cheers and thanks
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 03:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S&ouml;lden, Austria
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 03:21 AM

Just for future reference are you familiar with onthesnow.com?
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 03:26 AM

&gt;whatever country in Europe to be virtually guaranteed of snow?

Norway.

In the Alps (S&ouml;lden, Zermatt or wherever) good snow in December is not a given. Oh, you will definitely have enough snow in Zermatt to go skiing - but lower slopes might be still closed, and the snow at higher elevation might not have the best quality.