Booking Problems on Bahn.de

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2011, 05:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I searched for help, but was unable to find exactly what I'm looking for, so I apologize if this has been asked before..

I am attempting to book tickets from Bahn.de. We want to go from Paris to Munich on Sunday, May 22. The 92 day window opened up on Saturday afternoon (I tried Sat morning around 10amCST and couldn't book yet, but as of 6pmCST Sat evening, I could book). But I think I'm doing something wrong as it keeps telling me there are no tickets available?!

I suppose it's possible all the tickets are sold out, but highly unlikely, right?

Here's what I'm doing (and I apologize if it's too much info, but I figure more is better!):
I go through the destination and date information and get to the list of trains. We want to travel on the 13:08-19:33 train through Mannheim. I click purchase for 198 euros for two people in 1st class (Europa-Spezial Frankreich).

On the next page, I keep the "Ticket with seat reservation" button checked.

For seating, I only change the Location of Seat to "next to each other".

I keep the "Print out your online ticket" checked.

On the next screen, for the seats on the train from Mannheim-Munchen it says "request feasible" with a checkmark.

However, on the one for Paris-Mannheim under Reservation Request it says "? Can only be checked on making a booking." And it says "Mandatory Reservation." I think this means I must have a seat reservation, which is fine, as I checked the box on the previous screen for "ticket with seat reservation". Is that correct?

It allows me to hit proceed, then to log-in and enter my ID and payment information.

I double check the information and click "Make Booking".

The next screen says:
"Dear Customer, No more seats are available on this train, for which a reservation is compulsory."

It has a button that says "Proceed". When I click that, it takes me back to the screen listing the train options (times, changes, cost, etc).

Am I doing something wrong? Are the seats all sold out (?!?!). I appreciate any help or advice you can give me!
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 11:15 AM

Bahn.de is the GERMAN rail site, You can buy tickets only for trains starting in Germany. (It's great for scheduled for trains all over Europe - but it not a site for general ticket sales.)

To buy a ticket from Paris to Germany you have to go to the site of the French railroad: www.sncf.com.
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 11:24 AM

" You can buy tickets only for trains starting in Germany."

don't hink so.

I bought a ticket on Bahn starting in Prague going to Germany.
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 11:47 AM

www.voyages-sncf.com French Rail site.
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 07:29 PM
Original Poster

Worked like a charm. I booked the first part through the French Rail Site and the second part through Bahn.de.

Thanks for the replies...now I just need May to hurry up and get here!
Old Sep 19th, 2011, 07:07 AM

That message means the tickets are no longer available for that price, and the system doesn't know what the current special offer price is, so it can't sell them.

I had the same problem and spoke to someone at Deutsche Bahn online support desk about it. They said that the offers shown on the selection pages are only estimates based on recent availability of offers and the system only checks live availability when you try to pay.

You should call online support on +49 1805 101111 (or just 01805 101111 from Germany) and ask to be transferred to international bookings. They can check the latest live information for you while you're on the phone and you may find they still have a good special offer price for what you want.

It took me about 15 minutes to book on the phone including holding and payment.
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 09:41 AM

I had similar problems until I unchecked all requests for seats - only asked for a reservation, but didn't specify anything about the seats. Then the transaction went through. On 4 legs, we were seated together on 3 of them. The 4th leg, we had seats in adjacent rows.
Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 05:04 AM

Hello all, I have a similar problem now with Bahn.de. I want to buy tickets for the CNL train that goes from Paris to Munich on March, 4th. I've tried purchasing the tickets online and I always get an error saying that it is not possible and it does not give any more details. I called and the lady that spoke to me told me that the bookings for that train were not open yet and she didn't know when they will open. I cannot book this train from the french website because it does not show up. Any hints here?
Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 05:32 AM
ira

Hi GM,

What time does the CNL train depart?

Bahn.de shows a 69E nonstop at 15:25 and a 59E one stop at 09:06.

I tried booking the 15:25 and it works.

Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 05:42 AM

The thing is that I arrive at Paris from my flight around 17 and my idea was to take the night train to Munich. It leaves at 20.20 and it's direct.