Bonnington or Morgan Hotel in London?

Old Jan 12th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bonnington or Morgan Hotel in London?

My husband and I definitely want to stay in Bloomsbury and preferably very near the British Museum. Does anyone have any advice about these two hotels? Preferences? We prioritize location, cleanliness, a comfortable bed, and a good bathroom (preferably with tub/shower combo).

I accidently posted this in the general Europe forum earlier...sorry for the redundancy!

Thanks!
Old Jan 13th, 2006, 10:42 AM

I don't know the Bonnington, but my daughter and I stayed at the Morgan in October. Our room looked out onto the side of the British Museum. The room was small but comfortable, but the bath only had a shower and was tiny. Full English breakfast is included in the room rate which, for our double, was £95.
Old Jan 13th, 2006, 07:26 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
ttt

Just FYI -- "I accidently posted this in the general Europe forum earlier ... sorry for the redundancy!"

There is only one forum - "Europe". All threads are lumped together on the general Europe board. Clicking on a particular country merely lets folks search for threads about about it.
Old Jan 13th, 2006, 07:44 PM

We've stayed at the Bonnington a couple of times and were very pleased with it. Rooms were good-sized (for London), clean and comfortable. Breakfast buffet was very good as well. About a 5 minute walk to either the Holborn or Russell Square tube stations. Lots of pubs and restaurants in the immediate area - a good neighborhood.

Nearby restaurant recommendation - Il Fornello for Italian food. Located on Southampton Row, food is great, service is very friendly and prices are reasonable.
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the responses. I think I am leaning toward the Bonnington, unless, of course, another poster comes along and changes my mind!
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 12:56 PM

Jenn--I've also stayed at the Bonnington, it was fine, it seemed to be mostly business people; it was very basic. I would encourage you to look at redcarnationhotels.com; this is a chain of hotels that (for us on our most recent trip) had great web rates.

Mary
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 06:48 PM

I'm not a fan of the Bonnington, but perhaps I had one of their 'not yet updated' rooms. The hotel is pretty basic and IMO lacks character if that matters. However,I can't fault it on location, cleaniness and comfortable beds.

I would also suggset looking at the Red Carnation Hotels. The Academy is also suppose to be good. The Raddisson ahs a hotel in the area but can't remember the name The Edwardian?