Bloomsbury launderettes ?

Sep 29th, 2002, 06:02 AM
xxx

Bloomsbury launderettes ?

Can any one who is familiar with the area tell me where to find either a launderette or do- it- yourself laundry facilities in the general vicinity of Bloomsbury?

Sep 29th, 2002, 07:14 AM
ira

Yes

I know that there are launderettes there, as I used one on my last trip, but I can't remember where it was. Your hotel will tell you when you get there.

Sep 29th, 2002, 08:10 AM
Joe

I stayed at the Harlingford on Cartright Gardens in Bloomsbury earlier this month. The stretch of Marchmont St. that runs between Euston Rd. and Cartright Gardens has a laundromat and one or more next-day laundry/drycleaning places. We were in London after a week's walking in the country, and we used both. I saw several laundromats on other nearby streets as well.

Sep 29th, 2002, 09:02 AM
KenCT

The one which I remember is on Marchmount, near Leigh. There are many inexpensive hotels in the area, and a large student population, so the launderettes are popular. BTW, North Sea, a fish and chips restaurant which usually shows up on "Best of" lists, is right around the corner on Leigh. Great place, though I couldn't quite grasp the concept of mashed peas.

Sep 29th, 2002, 09:58 AM
ira

Ken CT writes
>...I couldn't quite grasp the concept of mashed peas.

It keeps them from rolling off your knife.

Sep 29th, 2002, 12:21 PM
jjj

Just don't make the mistake of one of our politicians and ask for the guacamole when pointing at the mushy peas.

Sep 29th, 2002, 02:22 PM
Joe

I always thought mushy peas meant simply overcooked, but I tried them for the first time at North Sea Fish Restaurant when were there at the beginning of the month. It turns out that they're dried peas that are then cooked - - it reminds me a little of butter beans (dried lima beans cooked in butter and milk) which were standard fare in the Midwest when I was growing up.