Bless those Delta reservationists!!!

Old Jan 17th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bless those Delta reservationists!!!

I made reservations on Delta a couple of months ago for flights from Knoxville to Venice and returning from Barcelona, using our FF miles for first class/business elite for myself, wife and daughter. I'm the first to admit it took some doing, and some perseverance from a very helpful Delta reservationist. To be sure, the connections weren't great (in fact some might say they were horrible, but they were free and were for first class), but I felt lucky to get such reservations at all.

A week ago I took a look at our itineray at the Delta web site and noted that Delta had rescheduled many of our flights, including a flight on our return from Barcelona that took us through Frankfort, but with only 10 minutes to make our connecting flight. I just called Delta and told them about this, and the reservationist was aghast at what had happened and equally aghast at the circuitous route of our reservations. I explained that when I made the reservations that that was all that was available.

To cut to the chase, Delta pulled strings (no doubt because of their error in putting us on an impossible connecting flight in Frankfort) and now has us flying directly from Barcelona to JFK to Atlanta to Knoxville, all in the same day. For comparison purposes, our earlier reservation had us leaving Barcelona at 6:30 a.m. (meaning a taxi for us at 4:30 a.m. from our ship?), flying to Rome, to Frankfort, to JFK, spending a night in NYC (unwillingly), then the next day to Atlanta and Knoxville.

So - just as it pays for the passenger to be vigilant, it pays, I think, to appreciate those Delta (and other airline) agents who will and do what they can to correct their mistakes and try to treat the customer right.

KC
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 02:37 PM

I also had a good experience with Delta today. I called Friday and tried to secure ff flights NYC-Athens for early June. There was nothing. Today I called and worked with a diligent rep who has found me a way there. She tried SO hard to figure out a way back for me. I will be calling everyday and hoping for an opening!
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 03:52 PM

When my son was returning to his Army unit in Germany after a year in Iraq, and we wanted to be in Germany when he arrived, I found a very helpful Delta agent who said if I faxed him proof my son was, indeed, in Iraq and scheduled to return to Germany, he would notate our file and change our flights if and when necessary, for free.

My son's dates kept changing and Delta kept changing them for free. Thanks to them, we were there to welcome him back!
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 05:00 PM

Postal,

Isn't it great when the son returns from Iraq. Our son returned in September and we are truly grateful.

yipper
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 05:49 PM

Another grateful Mother... We met our son in Baltimore when he finished his tour in Iraq. I can say without a doubt, that was the most exciting time I've ever spent in an airport!
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 05:50 AM
ira

Hi K,

It's always nice to hear good news.

Old Jan 18th, 2006, 06:27 AM

Another good word for Delta. Yesterday I got two one way tickets, one round trip ticket. One of the one way is 1st class. We are going on the same plane. It took the reservationist a few minutes, but he did it and gave me the seats I wanted. It seems Delta is returning to the Delta of old.