Blarney B & B needed - Help!

Old Mar 6th, 2003, 03:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blarney B & B needed - Help!

First, thanks to everyone on this board that has helped me with my prior post (about critiquing my itinerary for my husband and I in July 2003). I will definately take the Tarbert ferry to save time.<BR><BR>I have another question for you. I was hoping to stay at either The White House or The Blarney Vale House in Blarney but they are booked. Can someone please suggest an alternative? I'm looking for a nice place that accepts vouchers and (if possible) is close to Blarney village (walking distance). Even if there's one that is not in walking distance I need help! Thanks.
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 09:08 PM

We need to know what vouchers you have? Are they Town and Country or Farmhouse or something else. Both have websites that you can search from. The two that are full are the only ones that I know of but just looking at the T&amp;C book there are several others in town and many more within a 10 minute walk. Sorry I can not give any recommendations
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 06:20 AM

Hello stacyregan..Husband and I are booked into the Ashcroft BandB, Blarney, in May. Have never stayed there, but the website looks interesting...http://www.ashcroftblarney.com/<BR>Hope this helps. Happy and Safe Travels...Helen
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 11:36 AM

Helen -<BR>We stayed at Ashcroft in Nov. 2001, and would not stay there again. Its a lovely place, with great views of the country side (we had room 2, ask for 1, it faces the front), but Anne (hostess) was very unfriendly. Since Nov. '01, we've been back to Blarney twice, so that being said.....we've stayed at both Avondale, http://www.avondalelodge.com/ and Hillview House, http://www.blarneyaccommodation.com/<BR>
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 07:44 PM

Stacy,<BR><BR>If it's Blarney you want, consider the following well regarded B &amp; Bs, both of which are located in Blarney:<BR><BR>Allcorn's Country House (www.allcorns.com) is a relatively new property - 13 years old - , and, as you'd expect, it's modern and quite comfortable. The owners are keen on animals (always a good sign as regards friendliness), and you can expect good eats at breakfast.<BR><BR>Also consider Maranatha Country House (www.maranathacountryhouse.com), located in Blarney. The house is located in a very quiet area, and it has a reputation for quality breakfasts, with food served in an attractive conservatory. <BR><BR>Best of luck.
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 09:34 AM

Hi eyps...Thanks so much for the advice on Ashcroft BandB. I am now rethinking that decision. David, my second thought was Maranatha Country House, perhaps I shall look into it for a booking. Thanks so much for your usual &quot;expert&quot; guidance...Helen