Black Angus Restaurant

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 10:13 AM
pscaltreto

Black Angus Restaurant

Any comments on how good/or bad the Black Angus Restaurant is? My brother wanted to try this restaurant the last time he was in London but never made it. Any comments appreciated.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 11:09 AM
Barry

I have only seen them. It is a chain family style restaurant to the best of my recollection... kind of like the "Ponderosa" style restaurants in the States. I've seen them in London but not eaten there. We tend to eat in the more true "Brit style" restaurants or pubs.

Try www.londonlantern.com

Barry

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 11:41 AM
Sue

I think we tried one and it was awful.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 01:45 PM
xxx

Is this the same as the chain from the U.S.? If so, it's one of the most popular steak houses on at least the west coast of the U.S.. The prime rib is pretty good and the wagon wheel sampler is a good starter plate for the table.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 04:28 PM
Sheila

Ben would know better than I but I think you mean the Aberdeen Angus Steakhouses. If so, they are a chain and they are awful

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 04:31 PM
janis

The UK chain is the Angus Steakhouse - not the (Stuart Anderson's) Black Angus.

They are in just about evey city - not great - not terrible. Just standardized fare. They are OK if you are stuck and in a hurry for dinner - since you will get the same quality in any of them. But I would not seek one out.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 04:34 PM
janis

OOPS - left off the "Aberdeen" - yes Sheila is talking about the same chain. As I said - I would never seek one out - but if you had to, like rushing dinner before a play. You know what you're getting.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 04:36 PM
Jody

with all the wonderful food available in London, why would you even consider these...might as well hit MacD's!1

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 08:50 PM
Sue

Hear, hear! (you live and learn)

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 09:39 PM
janis

"As I said - I would never seek one out - but if you had to". . . . .

I clearly said I would never seek one out but - if you are rushing to the theatre, the pubs are crammed and your choice for a quick meal is McD's or Angus Steak House - take the steak house. Think of it like a Denny's - not a place you would choose to go, but handy when you are stuck.

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 03:46 AM
AMA

Don't even consider eating at an Angus or Aberdeen Steak House - only tourists who don't know its reputation would eat there.

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 04:37 AM
Sheila

I wouldn't eat there for anything. They may be better now but they were catastrophic 10 years ago

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 05:27 AM
Bubba

The best meal I ever had in my whole life was at one of them there Angus Steak Houses in London..only place I could find real American food instead of that strange English crap like fish and chips and steak and kidney pie...no real red blooded American boy like me is gonna eat no stinking kidneys...my Momma always said if you gonna cook kidneys you just gotta boil the piss out of em.

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 08:16 AM
pscaltreto

Thanks for all the comments. I had told my brother I read on this board that the Black Angus was NOT recommended. He asked me to post this question anyway. Again, thanks to everyone. I will print this out and give the info to him.